Hi everyone! I got an email yesterday afternoon to interview at Pacific University on 2/15/19, and I'm super excited! Has anyone else heard back / confirmed that interview date yet?

For applicants who have interviewed in prior years, what tips do you have?

Thanks!

Uh oh! I didn't get a interview for the 2/15 date and your stats are way higher than mine! Still hopeful for the next interview date... though I have a trip to disneyland planned that weekend. I'll fly home for it, who cares :)

Good luck!!!!!!!!! 

Just posted this in a different post but copying and pasting on to here ?

The interview is nothing to be afraid of but really just a day you’re gonna fall in love with the program. For most of the time you’ll just be networking with current students and other interviewees while you wait for your personal interview (which is really about getting to know you so don’t panic!). You’ll also get a campus tour and either breakfast or lunch depending on the time of day you are there! Best of luck!! ?

23 hours ago, andreadls22 said:

Just posted this in a different post but copying and pasting on to here ?

The interview is nothing to be afraid of but really just a day you’re gonna fall in love with the program. For most of the time you’ll just be networking with current students and other interviewees while you wait for your personal interview (which is really about getting to know you so don’t panic!). You’ll also get a campus tour and either breakfast or lunch depending on the time of day you are there! Best of luck!! ?

This is so good to hear! I just heard back about an interview for 2/15 as well. For the actual interview portion, is there anything in particular you think might be helpful to prepare (i.e. anything around strengths/weaknesses, challenges, etc.)? How long does the interview typically last? Thanks for your advice! 

16 hours ago, @speechie said:

This is so good to hear! I just heard back about an interview for 2/15 as well. For the actual interview portion, is there anything in particular you think might be helpful to prepare (i.e. anything around strengths/weaknesses, challenges, etc.)? How long does the interview typically last? Thanks for your advice! 

The interview itself is only 20 minutes long and they have a set of questions they can ask you to guide the conversation, but everyone’s is slightly different since you’re all being interviewed by different people (someone from Pacific CSD staff, and a community partner) In MY personal interview I walked in and they told me to tell them about myself so I did. I pretty much just talked the whole time about why I want to be an SLP(experiences I’ve had), things in my life that have made me who I am(responsible, motivated, hardworking etc), hardships I’ve faced (working through school, helping out with my siblings, that kind of thing). They asked me what the biggest challenge in my life was which I kind of had already mentioned when I did my talking anyways, and of course why I chose to apply to Pacific. Pretty simple and very comforting. They don’t care so much about your grades at this point, if you got an interview it means you already met those requirements with them. Assume they know nothing about you, and just focus on getting them to love you lol  ? That being said, I knew NONE of this stuff going into my interview and I still got in! So no need to worry! Just be yourself ? 

If anyone has any additional questions feel free to message me. Good luck all! 

On 1/31/2019 at 3:55 PM, Sweetroll said:

I got an email this morning for the 2/15 interview so excited! Where are you from?

Congrats! I'm near Portland right now, so it's close for me. What about you?

19 hours ago, Sweetroll said:

@samijeanne Awesome! Im in San Diego!

What area of Portland do you recommend for a hotel. Im staying in Forest Grove on Thrusday but I would like to stay the weekend downtown and explore since I have never been there. 

Nice! Southeast Portland is pretty trendy and has fun nightlife spots, and SW downtown is more business-y above Portland State and is nice to walk around (I work downtown). Feel free to message me for more details :) 

On 2/6/2019 at 11:15 AM, samijeanne said:

Nice! Southeast Portland is pretty trendy and has fun nightlife spots, and SW downtown is more business-y above Portland State and is nice to walk around (I work downtown). Feel free to message me for more details :) 

Thank you so much!

On 2/14/2019 at 2:25 AM, Littleminchie said:

How did the interview go? I am applying this fall

Definatly come prepared, the interview was tough because it focused on your ability to think on your feet, so prepare with friends by looking up unusual or hard interview questions and then practice, practice practice. This was the second time I got rejected from this program, so maybe it's just not the right program for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2019 at 3:28 PM, Sweetroll said:

@samijeanne Awesome! Im in San Diego!

What area of Portland do you recommend for a hotel. Im staying in Forest Grove on Thrusday but I would like to stay the weekend downtown and explore since I have never been there. 

Hi, I had my interview through Zoom. I’m also from SD!!!! 

Edited by CHOCCOCO

11 minutes ago, Sweetroll said:

Thats great!  Have you heard from Diana or other schools?

I’m still waiting ?! You? I had 2 other interviews. Based on interview alone with Pacific Faculty I felt that they care and are invested in their student. 

4 hours ago, CHOCCOCO said:

I’m still waiting ?! You? I had 2 other interviews. Based on interview alone with Pacific Faculty I felt that they care and are invested in their student. 

Congrats on your interviews! I got a phone call from Diana on Friday around 3: 30 offering me admission. ? I think they are calling more peole next week. 

3 hours ago, Sweetroll said:

Congrats on your interviews! I got a phone call from Diana on Friday around 3: 30 offering me admission. ? I think they are calling more peole next week. 

I got a missed call Friday from the school but they didn’t leave a voicemail. I wish I would have answered it ? will you be accepting!?!?

Edited by CHOCCOCO

1 hour ago, CHOCCOCO said:

I got a missed call Friday from the school but they didn’t leave a voicemail. I wish I would have answered it ? will you be accepting!?!?

I think thats a good sign! I will be accepting I loved their program and it was my first choice.