Master of Teaching OISE 2019

tngus777

7 hours ago, HOPE4OISE said:

Thanks! I think I applied either on November 14 or the final day November 15. Both of my reference letters were submitted a day or two before that as well. I went to york university so the GPA scale is quite different but my average was about 88% for my final year marks. Also I did not have much work experience so I was quite surprised to get the offer: 3 years of tutoring, 2 months of summer camp and 1 year as an assistant teacher. Hope that helps! 

oh my gosh your resume is REALLY impressive don’t cut yourself short!!! you deserve this :’) can i just ask how long you have to accept the offer now that you have it? like do they put a limit or is there a date ?

1 hour ago, soapyhope said:

oh my gosh your resume is REALLY impressive don’t cut yourself short!!! you deserve this :’) can i just ask how long you have to accept the offer now that you have it? like do they put a limit or is there a date ?

thank you!! & they give you three weeks to accept the offer before it's cancelled!

57 minutes ago, Vivieeeeeee said:

My application status still says "under review" on SGS... Does that mean I'm rejected? Do they send rejection letters or they don't bother and leave the status as "under review"? I'm getting a little worried.

They do send rejections. Under review just means a decision hasn't been made yet. 

But if they could hurry up that would be great lol this is stressful. 

40 minutes ago, Pycelle said:

I have a feeling they split it by teachable cause I haven't heard of anyone in I/S science or math teachables who have gotten a response at all

That would make sense. I just find it really strange that they are waitlisting people and then accepting others. I thought once it's full they would waitlist people so I would love to know what they are thinking rn.

Just now, NSNSNSNS said:

That would make sense. I just find it really strange that they are waitlisting people and then accepting others. I thought once it's full they would waitlist people so I would love to know what they are thinking rn.

I kinda just think they have yes, no, maybe piles and the maybes get waitlisted. I've had a lot of time to hypothesize what they are doing lol.

27 minutes ago, Pycelle said:

I kinda just think they have yes, no, maybe piles and the maybes get waitlisted. I've had a lot of time to hypothesize what they are doing lol.

lmao i heard from some prior students that they prefer applicants w a masters already in some teachable streams and i was like damn OISE’s really gonna act like that? yikes

17 minutes ago, soapyhope said:

lmao i heard from some prior students that they prefer applicants w a masters already in some teachable streams and i was like damn OISE’s really gonna act like that? yikes

omg even brocks website says there's preference for masters students. Did the former student specify which stream? 

29 minutes ago, NSNSNSNS said:

omg even brocks website says there's preference for masters students. Did the former student specify which stream? 

Yeah! they were both in english as primary teachables. One of them already had an MA in english and got in like in february the first round and the other got waitlisted when she first applied out of undergrad and got in around June but she decided to pursue a masters and when she went back and applied she got in immediately too! apparently this is just a thing in teaching programs lol

16 hours ago, ieb13 said:

Still waiting for an answer for P/J but I have to accept York by Saturday...

Same boat, pretty happy I got into York to be honest, was worried I'd have to move out of Toronto. Just accepted York for I/S. (accepted and submitted on OUAC and then booked the enrolment appointment on myfile). Are there no fees/deposits for now when accepting an offer for York? Anyone have any insight on this? Cheers

5 minutes ago, imstillwaiting said:

Same boat, pretty happy I got into York to be honest, was worried I'd have to move out of Toronto. Just accepted York for I/S. (accepted and submitted on OUAC and then booked the enrolment appointment on myfile). Are there no fees/deposits for now when accepting an offer for York? Anyone have any insight on this? Cheers

I just accepted as well and booked my appointment. I don’t think that there are any fees but I’m also currently a York student so that may be why. I’m sure if there was a fee they would say or maybe it’s calculated into our tuition. I might ask at the academic advising appointment. Congrats on your acceptance :)!

2 minutes ago, ieb13 said:

I just accepted as well and booked my appointment. I don’t think that there are any fees but I’m also currently a York student so that may be why. I’m sure if there was a fee they would say or maybe it’s calculated into our tuition. I might ask at the academic advising appointment. Congrats on your acceptance :)!

Ok cool, thanks :) you too!

1 hour ago, imstillwaiting said:

Ok cool, thanks :) you too!

Hey guys, I’m in the same boat as you both! Waiting on U of T and I accepted York in the mean time. I was also too scared to leave home to go to Queens so I let my Queens application expire. I accepted my York acceptance on Monday and they didn’t have any fees. Just a heads up though you will be locked out of OUAC for 1 business day. Fingers crossed for OISE but also a decent backup plan! 

22 hours ago, Pycelle said:

I have a feeling they split it by teachable cause I haven't heard of anyone in I/S science or math teachables who have gotten a response at all

That's what I'm banking on; another Friday, more nothing. :( I talked to my old high school teachers and they did mention that I/S math and science teachables have the largest pool of applicants though, so I guess it taking the longest makes sense.

4 hours ago, soapyhope said:

people last year were getting accepted in late july too ? its a pretty grim look with oise

Goodness, I hope it won't take that long.

2 hours ago, Datawraith said:

That's what I'm banking on; another Friday, more nothing. :( I talked to my old high school teachers and they did mention that I/S math and science teachables have the largest pool of applicants though, so I guess it taking the longest makes sense.

Goodness, I hope it won't take that long.

This would make sense because they are still accepting applications but only for the I/S stream.

So ..do they send out any acceptances on the weekend LOL? 

On 3/11/2019 at 10:31 AM, BFritters said:

They do, but on the application there was a section to fill out your average without a distinction as to whether they meant "last year, overall or faculty." So I filled in my overall average for the app. However, during an event someone said they look at the final year marks or if the order is weird (my last term of school in my undergrad was 1 first-year breadth requirement  that I did alongside a RAship) they calculate your 'most recent upperyear marks.' I interpreted this as that you need a 'mid 70 to apply (74+)' but admissions are granted based on upperyear/final year marks, letters, references, teaching hours, etc.

I would just like to clarify that I could be wrong. There are a number of pitfalls in the app that unless I had attended the open house, I would have easily made a mistake. I may still have as evident by this confusion.

sorry in third year and was just wondering if you took 5fce each year...im worried because this year m only taking 4fce (planning to do 1fce in summer)

thanks in advance!

7 hours ago, NSNSNSNS said:

does anyone know if there's any relationship between the admissions for the master of arts and master of teaching? 

I want MT but got a rejection from MA just now and was wondering if it would effect my chances at all.

they aren't related! technically two separate applications. so you should hear back about the MT later