Share your most ridiculous grad school stress dream

aggiezone

If anyone on this forum is like me, you've been having grad school related stress dreams. Let's hear them!

The other night, I had a dream that I got an email from my top choice, telling me my application status was "Visit". I got so excited because I thought this meant I had gotten in (???) and I told everyone the good news. It turned out that "Visit" was a special version of "Waitlist", where I was waitlisted but they were still paying for me to come and visit the school, even though there was little chance of me getting moved off the waitlist. Then I had to tell everyone that I read the email wrong and I actually was waitlisted.

Last night, I dreamt that I got an email from a student at top choice telling me that they all really liked me, but they only had one spot available, and had given it to someone else. CC'd on the email was every single grad student in the lab who had talked to me. The email went on to explain every single grad student's viewpoint on me and their relevant expertise relating to my application. WHAT??

I sent an email to an AO about my application status and why I have not received an interview invitation yet(politely, of course)

Then I dreamt that I received an email containing a cake recipe and a set of math questions, the AO replied " DO NOT BOTHER ME AGAIN UNTIL YOU FIGURE ALL THESE OUT"

I literally scared to death. 

16 hours ago, aggiezone said:

Omg!!! Did you figure them out? 

Noooo! I am a communication majored student! I cannot even read those math questions properly. After reading that email, I just kept telling myself: This gotta be a dream. This gotta be a dream. Then I successfully waked myself up.

Last night I had a really crazy one.

I dreamt that I went to a weekend-long hackathon at Top Choice. A bunch of grad students in my first choice lab were there (admissions decisions come out in about a week). I had a friend who was there with me, and she was acting as a buffer in between me and the grad students, and she would report back to me when she heard information. Apparently there were about 7 applicants they were considering for 3 spots, and they had grouped us all into different categories of person. There was "The Light", – happy, cheerful, maybe less seasoned than other applicants, but energized and full of great ideas. That was the category I was in. The problem was, there were two other people in "The Light" category, and my friend was unable to figure out which one had been accepted. Over the course of the night, all of the grad students in the lab were avoiding me, so I deduced that I was "The Light" that hadn't been accepted. 

WTF

I dreamed that I was in a kind of interview situation defending my GRE scores. There were two people interviewing me and I remember that in my dream I was thinking "Yes you are doing a good job" while also thinking "These people don't look impressed." The strange thing about the dream was, that I had these two perspectives, first as a participant and secondly as a ghostlike observer. And the dream was over with me, the ghostlike observer being cut off connecting into the room. So it felt as if I videochated  with them while maybe the person they were evaluating in the "room" was a personification of me in the form of my application? 

Had some more dreams,but don't remember.

I really dig this thread.

I dreamed that  I was having an interview with a Professor who was from a school in my top choices.

He gave me an exam for the interview and there were three questions on it, all regarding Operating System and Database, which I literally could not solve.

Then I woke up... I don't know why I had that dream since my track has nothing to do with either OS or DB...

im getting ready to defend my masters thesis along with waiting, and a few weeks ago I had a dream that my current advisor invited one of my POIs to my defense as an interview.  It did not go well and I forgot everything, but instead of critiquing me they beat the shit out of me.  I woke up as I thought I was dying in my dream.