Online Neuro Of Communication Course

One of the programs I was accepted to requires a neuro of communication prereq course, which I don't have. They offer an online summer course to fulfill the prereq, but I'm interested in seeing if any other universities offer a more condensed version of the course. Has anyone taken neurology of communication online?

Taking Neuro of Comm @ ENMU right now and the instructor is extremely helpful. We have a quiz every week but she gives us the questions that are on every quiz in advance. I haven't taken the first exam yet. I'm not sure how difficult it will be. Also, I couldn't imagine taking neuro in 8 weeks (summer).

What schools are you applying to that have this prerequisite? I have a concentration in neuroscience, and I did not find any local schools looking for neuroscience specifically. Would love to hear what schools you have heard about. 

On 2/20/2019 at 9:34 PM, maimas4466 said:

One of the programs I was accepted to requires a neuro of communication prereq course, which I don't have. They offer an online summer course to fulfill the prereq, but I'm interested in seeing if any other universities offer a more condensed version of the course. Has anyone taken neurology of communication online?

I don't know if it would transfer, but my undergrad (UW-Madison) offers a CS&D 210 which I believe would qualify as "neuro". You could give it a look here!

On 2/22/2019 at 2:53 AM, SingingSLP said:

What schools are you applying to that have this prerequisite? I have a concentration in neuroscience, and I did not find any local schools looking for neuroscience specifically. Would love to hear what schools you have heard about. 

The school I'm looking at is University of Cincinnati, but I know many of my older classmates have had to take a neuro course over the summer for various schools!

On 2/21/2019 at 6:48 PM, KEIM said:

Taking Neuro of Comm @ ENMU right now and the instructor is extremely helpful. We have a quiz every week but she gives us the questions that are on every quiz in advance. I haven't taken the first exam yet. I'm not sure how difficult it will be. Also, I couldn't imagine taking neuro in 8 weeks (summer).

I took the class in the summer at ENMU, my summer was ruined. LoL

8 hours ago, bibliophile222 said:

My school has a 4-week neuro summer course! I didn't take it here, but those who did said it was murder.

I cannot even begin to imagine a 4 week version, no thanks! LoL