Texas schools?!?!!

I’ve been waiting to hear from UT Austin also! Their website says they like to notify right before Spring break which unfortunately isn’t until 3/16 for them this year ?.

Which school is your top pick?

Hi, I applied to a few of the same schools as you. I heard from UT Health SA on February 10th.  I'm currently in undergrad at UH, and I know they will be notifying in spring break between March 11-15th. UTD has not gotten back to me with anything yet.

On 3/4/2019 at 11:38 AM, doodlydoe said:

Hi, I applied to a few of the same schools as you. I heard from UT Health SA on February 10th.  I'm currently in undergrad at UH, and I know they will be notifying in spring break between March 11-15th. UTD has not gotten back to me with anything yet.

Hello! Do you happen to know if it will be by mail or email? Thank you in advance!

1 minute ago, CafeSuaDa said:

Hello! Do you happen to know if it will be by mail or email? Thank you in advance!

I've heard in the previous years they've emailed applicants to go and check the applyweb portal to find out their admissions decision

Has anyone who applied to UTD or UT Austin still not heard anything? I noticed that a LOT of people received notifications (both getting accepted and rejected) today (March 8th). I still haven't heard from either school, but am especially concerned that I didn't hear from UT Austin when so many other people received decisions today. 

9 minutes ago, eagerslp said:

Has anyone who applied to UTD or UT Austin still not heard anything? I noticed that a LOT of people received notifications (both getting accepted and rejected) today (March 8th). I still haven't heard from either school, but am especially concerned that I didn't hear from UT Austin when so many other people received decisions today. 

Did you check your portal for UT Austin? A lot of people said they didn’t get emailed but only found out on the portal.

13 hours ago, Rezzy S. said:

Did you check your portal for UT Austin? A lot of people said they didn’t get emailed but only found out on the portal.

That helped thank you. Still waiting to hear back from UTD- has anyone else not heard? I was told that some people won't hear until April but I am really hoping to hear this week before I have to start getting back to some other schools.

1 hour ago, eagerslp said:

That helped thank you. Still waiting to hear back from UTD- has anyone else not heard? I was told that some people won't hear until April but I am really hoping to hear this week before I have to start getting back to some other schools.

I also haven't heard and I applied in early December... which feels kinda ridiculous. At this point, I just want to know so I can make the most informed decision by April 15th. 

I’m also still waiting on UTD, I feel like at this point there’s no way I’ve gotten in cause I completed my application on Jan 1st. But even if I get in, I probably won’t go because I won’t have time to visit them and I’ve seen that they’ve accepted people after the April 15th deadline. 

I’m also an undergrad at UH, right now I’m thinking I’ll probably go to UNT but if I get into UH it’ll be a hard decision. 

UTD hopefuls even if your part of the application was complete when you sent it in, if your Letter of recommendation writers did not have their letters in it isn't considered complete.  Also they have like 500+ applicants each cycle and the Department head goes through them by hand.  The waiting process sucks but at least they care and look at your whole file!  Also once they offer spots to other students they have to wait until that student 100% declines before they can offer that spot to someone else, so i'm sure some slots will open up but the waiting game sucks.

Good luck you guys, it is such a good program, I absolutely loved it!

Did anyone apply to TAMUK? I applied after the initial deadline was extended and am wondering if that at all hurts my chances of getting in. Anyone from Texas have any insight on the school as well?

Does anyone know anything about Our Lady of the Lake University and Abilene Christian University’s Dallas campus? 

Also, was anyone else accepted there or attending there for Fall 2019 i could talk to?! Or even current grad students of the program!

Edited by Rah110