NSERC C/PGSD 2019-2020

J0n

On 3/29/2019 at 8:40 PM, OblongEducator said:

I'm operating under the assumption that all acceptances have been sent out. That way, I won't get my hopes up.

That being said, has anyone in computer science heard back? It's a pretty large field with (probably) a large number of applicants... So I'm hoping those results haven't come out quite yet.

The Notifications of Decision for the NSERC Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship/Postgraduate Scholarship-doctoral (CGS D/PGS D) competition were mailed to applicants on March 29. The letters containing your ranking as well as your scores in the competition will be mailed by mid-April.

9 hours ago, cchu said:

The Notifications of Decision for the NSERC Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarship/Postgraduate Scholarship-doctoral (CGS D/PGS D) competition were mailed to applicants on March 29. The letters containing your ranking as well as your scores in the competition will be mailed by mid-April.

Who did you hear this from? I'm operating under the assumption I didn't get it personally but apparently last year acceptances were sent out on a Friday and Monday. 

10 hours ago, cchu said:

Is there a chance this is specific to your program or your university?

2 hours ago, Elli_056 said:

Who did you hear this from? I'm operating under the assumption I didn't get it personally but apparently last year acceptances were sent out on a Friday and Monday. 

This is part of their automatic reply whenever someone sends them an Email. I didn't receive any notification from then, so when I sent NSERC and email, the automated reply was sent to me and it included this part. Very frustrating. 

13 minutes ago, MNaiem said:

This is part of their automatic reply whenever someone sends them an Email. I didn't receive any notification from then, so when I sent NSERC and email, the automated reply was sent to me and it included this part. Very frustrating. 

Ahhh, I see, thanks. Do they usually do waitlists..?

35 minutes ago, MNaiem said:

I agree that is frustrating. Shouldn’t that mean rejections were sent Friday as well then, since that is a “Notification of Decision”. 

I’m pretty sure I didn’t get it, that said, I’m still trying to be hopeful since I haven’t heard of anyone judged by the mol/cell bio category getting an award yet? Although, the sample size is small here. 

5 minutes ago, 20190329 said:

I agree that is frustrating. Shouldn’t that mean rejections were sent Friday as well then, since that is a “Notification of Decision”. 

I’m pretty sure I didn’t get it, that said, I’m still trying to be hopeful since I haven’t heard of anyone judged by the mol/cell bio category getting an award yet? Although, the sample size is small here. 

Yea, I would have interpreted that they would send them all on one day...or at least divide them up in a manner of not "acceptances on friday, rejects on Monday". But we don't know for sure if people have gotten rejections either, we only have a small sample size represented here.

I too am going under the assumption that I didn't get it but apparently this has happened before where they send some acceptances on a Friday and then more on a Monday....which I personally think is just a terrible thing to do without giving any sort of information about what's going on. The waiting wouldn't be as bad if we knew why only some have gotten e-mails and some of us haven't. 

I heard some people also received rejections. I guess there's just a bunch of emails that haven't been sent yet. Trying to make sense of this is futile. From what I gather I think the process is just unorganized.. there's no patterns or anything. Just a chunk of the emails are yet to be sent. I think they sent the first batch of emails even though the rest wasn't done because they were trying to avoid a bunch of angry grad students or institutions saying they were late. 

13 minutes ago, 20190329 said:

I think they do waitlist, since some people would decline the offers.

2 minutes ago, MNaiem said:

I heard some people also received rejections. I guess there's just a bunch of emails that haven't been sent yet. Trying to make sense of this is futile. From what I gather I think the process is just unorganized.. there's no patterns or anything. Just a chunk of the emails are yet to be sent. I think they sent the first batch of emails even though the rest wasn't done because they were trying to avoid a bunch of angry grad students or institutions saying they were late. 

Hearing that some people have also gotten rejections makes me even more confused! Are these people you personally know?

I definitely agree about the deadline thing. This way they can say they were set to send but that the system just didn't process them all or something ridiculous. I would have preferred at least an email saying the results are being spread over x number of days. 

1 minute ago, Elli_056 said:

Hearing that some people have also gotten rejections makes me even more confused! Are these people you personally know?

I definitely agree about the deadline thing. This way they can say they were set to send but that the system just didn't process them all or something ridiculous. I would have preferred at least an email saying the results are being spread over x number of days. 

tbh, it aint finalised yet, some ppl may decline the offers and the awards will move down the rank.

Just the PGS D awardees would get bumped up to CGS

15 minutes ago, Elli_056 said:

Do we think they are actually going to send the rest of them out today? 

God I hope so... but the whole process is a mystery to me

9 minutes ago, Elli_056 said:

Same. I would have thought that they would have been at the top of the "To do" list starting at 9 am today... but I guess not. 

I emailed them last Friday and they responded this morning saying "We already mailed the results out on Friday" so I don't know what that means...

5 minutes ago, MNaiem said:

I emailed them last Friday and they responded this morning saying "We already mailed the results out on Friday" so I don't know what that means...

Did you reply inquiring about emailed results or have you just given up on them? Haha. Also which email did you send to? 

Edited by Elli_056