NSERC C/PGSD 2019-2020

J0n

4 minutes ago, cchu said:

Dear NSERC Doctoral Scholarships applicant,

The results of the 2019‐20 NSERC Doctoral Scholarships (PGSD and CGSD) have been released to universities. NSERC is notifying candidates of their results via email and regular mail. If you do not receive your result from NSERC by the end of next week, please contact NSERC to confirm your current contact information.

Where/how did you get this information? Thanks! 

21 hours ago, Lisbethx said:

So I spoke to my department again, and they told me that out of 15 people in our department who applied this year, 3 got a scholarship and 2 others got waitlisted. So if you are waitlisted, it still means you did pretty good. They also told me that there is a fair chance of getting it if you're waitlisted, depending on your position on the list. 

But is this list based on your institution? Department? Or category?? Do you know? 

Just now, Proteinsci said:

But is this list based on your institution? Department? Or category?? Do you know? 

I've been asking the same thing:

1 hour ago, Lisbethx said:

Does anyone know how the waitlist work? Are everyone ranked together, or is it by department/institution/committee? So e.g. if a biology student at UBC declined their scholarship and I'm in physics at McGill and am next in line on the overall ranking, do I get the scholarship? Or does a student in my department/institution/committee have to decline and only then I get the scholarship? 

Someone answered:

1 hour ago, LiquidEther said:

I think its definitely at least by committee cause that's how we were ranked, but I don't know about the institution balance... 

13 minutes ago, Lisbethx said:

I've been asking the same thing:

Someone answered:

I don’t understand why the process of this isn’t transparent... I asked my department and they said they’ll find out for me, but I guess we’ll see