NSERC C/PGSD 2019-2020

J0n

6 minutes ago, MNaiem said:

I emailed them last Friday and they responded this morning saying "We already mailed the results out on Friday" so I don't know what that means...

So if we didn’t get an email does that mean reject?

7 minutes ago, MNaiem said:

I emailed them last Friday and they responded this morning saying "We already mailed the results out on Friday" so I don't know what that means...

I just got the same reply as well. I dont think they even realize that some of us didnt get the decision notice.

Just now, 2019SARA said:

I just got the same reply as well. I dont think they even realize that some of us didnt get the decision notice.

Are you going to try clarifying about what it means if we didnt get a decision notice? Which email are you sending it to? 

2 minutes ago, Elli_056 said:

Great, I will try emailing in a bit. Did you point out that you didn't receive any decision notice? 

Yes, I did mention that I didn't received an email regarding the decision for my application.

1 minute ago, 2019SARA said:

schol@nserc-crsng.gc.ca

They send an auto reply, no matter who sends them an email. It just says that results were mailed out on March 29th, like the earlier poster said.

I emailed them about accepting the scholarship and got the same reply. It may be a while before they process through the emails.

Just now, spin_ice said:

They send an auto reply, no matter who sends them an email. It just says that results were mailed out on March 29th, like the earlier poster said.

I emailed them about accepting the scholarship and got the same reply. It may be a while before they process through the emails.

No the email they sent me wasn't the Automated reply, it was directed to me, short, and with blue text for some reason...  but it said the same thing.

"Results of the 2019 PGSD competition were mailed last Friday.

Thanks,

Scholarships and Fellowships Division"

Just now, spin_ice said:

In addition to the auto reply, I got an actual reply stating the same thing:

Hello,

The letters with the results of the 2019 PGSD competition were mailed last Friday.

Thanks,

Scholarships and Fellowships Division

Just now, LittleSky said:

I think we should just wait to get the results by post. There is no point in calling/emailing them if they have already sent the results via mail.

Considering they tell institutions that decisions will be sent by e-mail they should do this. Getting results by mail isn't good for some of us. For example, I currently am away for research so won't have access to my mail for a few weeks still. 

4 minutes ago, LittleSky said:

I think we should just wait to get the results by post. There is no point in calling/emailing them if they have already sent the results via mail.

Also, it wouldn't make sense that some applicant got the decision via email and some didn't. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a mistake on their end.

They also send results to the institutions, but apparently at least my department didn't get those results yet, even if I got my result. Hopefully everything will be out in the next couple of days. I don't recall it taking much longer last year. It seems like they are slower on a larger volume of responses this year though.

Just now, spin_ice said:

They also send results to the institutions, but apparently at least my department didn't get those results yet, even if I got my result. Hopefully everything will be out in the next couple of days. I don't recall it taking much longer last year. It seems like they are slower on a larger volume of responses this year though.

Institutions don't find out as quickly as the applicants do, there is somewhat of a lag time for this. 

7 minutes ago, 2019SARA said:

Also, it wouldn't make sense that some applicant got the decision via email and some didn't. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a mistake on their end.

It definitely could be an easy mistake to make. I know from my work with my own mailing lists that it's very easy to think that an e-mail has gone out if you have them in the queue but in reality they haven't. Still super shitty that so many of us have no idea what's going on but I definitely have lost all hope now.

I also tried emailing them and all I got was an auto reply, no special blue text for me. 

Just now, SamECE said:

Should we at this point rely on the mail? Honestly it is very confusing... This system is a mess!

That makes me really nervous cause I'm living in a dorm room in the US and my mail gets delayed pretty easily.. not everyone is always in a position to receive and reply to a letter. This is ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, SamECE said:

Should we at this point rely on the mail? Honestly it is very confusing... This system is a mess!

i think its either reject or accept just waitlisted. They need to wait evryone to accept the wards before moving the down the rank.

Just now, LiquidEther said:

That makes me really nervous cause I'm living in a dorm room in the US and my mail gets delayed pretty easily.. not everyone is always in a position to receive and reply to a letter. This is ridiculous. 

This exactly. I am personally away for research until the end of the month. My mail is set to go to my mom's house but she's also away on vacation! So am I supposed to get her neighbour (who is collecting her mail for her) to open letters addressed to me? I know this is more so a personal issue but considering results have always been shared over email before and that's what we were told would happen (aside from the specific rankings that come out later in april) why should some of us be left in the dark? 

Just now, cchu said:

i think its either reject or accept just waitlisted. They need to wait evryone to accept the wards before moving the down the rank.

I disagree with you. People have sometime frame to accept... so they are not going to keep thousands pending their results.

I believe two scenarios are possible 

1- People replying on the emails are not aware of the delay and they are replying with what was orginally intended... meaning announcing the results on Friday. Therefore, we could still hear back Today.

2- Something aweful happened to the servers resulting in the drop of tons of emails. 

1 minute ago, SamECE said:

I disagree with you. People have sometime frame to accept... so they are not going to keep thousands pending their results.

I believe two scenarios are possible 

1- People replying on the emails are not aware of the delay and they are replying with what was orginally intended... meaning announcing the results on Friday. Therefore, we could still hear back Today.

2- Something aweful happened to the servers resulting in the drop of tons of emails. 

That makes sense - looking at last year's discussion board people on the waitlist knew they were waitlisted.

If it's scenario 1, I think we're all getting antsy cause it's past noon and we expected them to be working this morning. If it's scenario 2.... would inundating them with emails help them realize there is an issue or just confuse and delay further?

Just now, LiquidEther said:

That makes sense - looking at last year's discussion board people on the waitlist knew they were waitlisted.

If it's scenario 1, I think we're all getting antsy cause it's past noon and we expected them to be working this morning. If it's scenario 2.... would inundating them with emails help them realize there is an issue or just confuse and delay further?

Scenario #3 ... Results are by committee and some committees results are not finalized yet.

I am in Electrical and I didn't hear about a single applicants who heard back.

2 minutes ago, LiquidEther said:

I sent them an email just to add another +1 to the "where are my results". I feel bad about it since they could still be processed this afternoon but hey I suffered all weekend! They have autoreply set up so it wouldn't hurt but might not make a difference.