NSERC C/PGSD 2019-2020

J0n

I received my letter in the mail today saying I was waitlisted with no rank given. It only said my application was considered meritorious and that the rank is below their capacity to fund. Also I am from U of T chemistry. Does anyone know what result to expect from this and what date you should hear back by (mail/email)? 

2 minutes ago, PianoMan said:

I received my letter in the mail today saying I was waitlisted with no rank given. It only said my application was considered meritorious and that the rank is below their capacity to fund. Also I am from U of T chemistry. Does anyone know what result to expect from this and what date you should hear back by (mail/email)? 

I think everyone who was on the “short list” got the exact same letter bc thats exactly what mine and @Lisbethx said? I’m also from UofT, I called my department and they had no idea, so they were gonna call SGS and find out for me, but I have yet to hear anything. 

1 hour ago, PianoMan said:

I would assume that we will hear back not before May (if ranked high enough on the alternate list), since funds won't be available unless people start rejecting the offer (and usually they have around a month to do so).

Is there any way to find out your rank on the waitlist? Also if someone declines from a different committee does that open up a spot for any waitlisted person or only those in that comittee?

50 minutes ago, PianoMan said:

Is there any way to find out your rank on the waitlist? Also if someone declines from a different committee does that open up a spot for any waitlisted person or only those in that comittee?

I think our ranking in the waitlist will be mailed to us sometime iver the next two or three weeks. The letters going out now seem to only say that we are waitlisted. 

Inthibk it must be only within committees because there’s nothing in nserc’s description of the competition that involves comparisons betweeen committees. 

1 hour ago, PianoMan said:

NSERC said in their auto reply that they will mail the rankings in mid April. According to someone on this thread, the ranking is by committee. This is all I know.

I’m at York (Earth and Space Science) and I haven’t heard anything yet. No email. I actually ran down to my mail box at 1:30 am to see if a rejection letter was there based on what everyone was saying. But there was nothing! Going to talk to my university tomorrow to try and find out what the heck is going on. Either the mail is slow or they will be releasing some more acceptances soon.