[F19 Admission] M.A. Social-Organizational Psychology, Teachers College, Columbia University

Hey guys,

I am wondering if you or your friends have heard anything from Columbia University Teachers College about the admission into M.A. Program in Socia-Organizational Psychology (S/O Psychology). I have been admitted to the M.A Program of I/O Psychology from NYU, but still waiting for Columbia's decision since it would be my top choice to study at TC. (it's a long wait and kinda drives me crazy...)

Lemme know if you are also waiting for hearing from them. Thanks! :)

Edited by lemmegotonycplzz

I'm in the same position as you right now though for different program of study. I was admitted to the MA program for school counseling at NYU but I'm also waiting to hear back from Columbia in regards to their psychological counseling program at TC. It's actually the last school for me that I'm waiting to hear back from and I want to know so bad as to what they decided. Hope I hear back from them very soon! ?

12 hours ago, lemmegotonycplzz said:

Hey guys,

I am wondering if you or your friends have heard anything from Columbia University Teachers College about the admission into M.A. Program in Socia-Organizational Psychology (S/O Psychology). I have been admitted to the M.A Program of I/O Psychology from NYU, but still waiting for Columbia's decision since it would be my top choice to study at TC. (it's a long wait and kinda drives me crazy...)

Lemme know if you are also waiting for hearing from them. Thanks! :)

2 hours ago, Lauren210 said:

I'm in the same position as you right now though for different program of study. I was admitted to the MA program for school counseling at NYU but I'm also waiting to hear back from Columbia in regards to their psychological counseling program at TC. It's actually the last school for me that I'm waiting to hear back from and I want to know so bad as to what they decided. Hope I hear back from them very soon! ?

Since you guys are in education field, which one would you rank higher, Penn GSE or Columbia TC?

3 hours ago, Lauren210 said:

It's really a torture for me coz NYU's I/O Psychology is even better in some aspects....but still I wanna go to Columbia so bad. 

Do you think it is a good idea to email the admission office about the approxiamte date of getting results?

Btw, hope you hear from Columbia soon too!

9 hours ago, lemmegotonycplzz said:

It's really a torture for me coz NYU's I/O Psychology is even better in some aspects....but still I wanna go to Columbia so bad. 

Do you think it is a good idea to email the admission office about the approxiamte date of getting results?

Btw, hope you hear from Columbia soon too!

I just received an email from them and they told me that I should receive my result into the counseling program by around the end of this month at the latest though some programs do take a bit longer to make decisions. 

1 hour ago, Lauren210 said:

I just received an email from them and they told me that I should receive my result into the counseling program by around the end of this month at the latest though some programs do take a bit longer to make decisions. 

Thanks a lot! So I guess it is very likley that they make decision on Fridays like March.22 or 29... Hope we both get what we want!

• 1 year later...

Just a heads up neither the social-org program at columbia or the NYU program in I/O psychology have a good reputation in the discipline. You are better off at other local I/O programs. These programs are overpriced, do not have any eminent faculty in the discipline, are not involved in SIOP, and do not train well in statistics, methods, psychometrics, or other quant courses which make you more viable on the job market. Here is some corroborating evidence from others in the field

https://www.quora.com/How-is-the-MA-program-in-social-organizational-psychology-from-Teachers-College-Columbia-University

https://www.reddit.com/r/IOPsychology/comments/5967qh/what_is_the_demand_like_in_nyc/