Chances of getting in on waitlist?

Hi everyone, 

I have been waitlisted at my number one choice school... it's starting to get pretty dark. Please vent/tell stories about your waitlist experience or anything you have heard. I am waitlisted at SJSU for speech pathology. If anyone knows anything about it please feel free to share. 

Best of luck to us all! 

Besides getting bumped up off waitlist.

Has anyone had other experiences of getting off waitlist?

I knew someone who was rejected by a program but emailed the director and was later admitted to the program.

17 minutes ago, CHOCCOCO said:

Besides getting bumped up off waitlist.

Has anyone had other experiences of getting off waitlist?

I knew someone who was rejected by a program but emailed the director and was later admitted to the program.

Emailing and getting admitted? Wow I have never heard of anything like that.

Do you know what major/school?

I don't think anyone can say for sure what the chances of getting off a waitlist are (especially since so many schools tend to send out more acceptances than they plan to admit) but to my surprise, I got accepted off the waitlist at Bridgewater this week - so it can definitely happen!

On 3/27/2019 at 10:20 PM, nguyen16041 said:

Hi everyone, 

I have been waitlisted at my number one choice school... it's starting to get pretty dark. Please vent/tell stories about your waitlist experience or anything you have heard. I am waitlisted at SJSU for speech pathology. If anyone knows anything about it please feel free to share. 

Best of luck to us all! 

First year grad student, and I got off the waiting list for the school that I'm attending right now! In fact, three other students in my cohort were from the waitlist as well. 

I know it seems dark, I myself was rejected from every school I applied to and waitlisted at one, and thankfully was taken off the waiting list. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel! This time of year was definitely the hardest for me, so make sure you're doing a lot of self care! That helped me a lot!

Good luck!!

Edited by SLPingUp

9 hours ago, SLPingUp said:

First year grad student, and I got off the waiting list for the school that I'm attending right now! In fact, three other students in my cohort were from the waitlist as well. 

I know it seems dark, I myself was rejected from every school I applied to and waitlisted at one, and thankfully was taken off the waiting list. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel! This time of year was definitely the hardest for me, so make sure you're doing a lot of self care! That helped me a lot!

Good luck!!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. You have no idea how much this has helped me. It gave me a lot of hope! ???

It has definitely been an uphill battle, so much anxiety and stress over this. But, on the upside only a few more weeks before I know! 

Thanks so much again for your insight! ☺️??

7 hours ago, nguyen16041 said:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. You have no idea how much this has helped me. It gave me a lot of hope! ???

It has definitely been an uphill battle, so much anxiety and stress over this. But, on the upside only a few more weeks before I know! 

Thanks so much again for your insight! ☺️??

This time of year was honestly the worst part about the whole application process, so again, go and treat yourself to a spa day or something!

And you're welcome. I was on this forum ALL the time, so I feel compelled to share my experience with the hopes that it may help others.

In all honesty though, being on the forums all the time made me feel so much worse. That might be something to consider if seeing all the posts amps up your anxiety.

Wishing you all the best!

3 hours ago, SLPingUp said:

This time of year was honestly the worst part about the whole application process, so again, go and treat yourself to a spa day or something!

And you're welcome. I was on this forum ALL the time, so I feel compelled to share my experience with the hopes that it may help others.

In all honesty though, being on the forums all the time made me feel so much worse. That might be something to consider if seeing all the posts amps up your anxiety.

Wishing you all the best!

Yes, I completely agree. I have received many rejections... but nothing worse than waitlist (for my anxiety at least) because everything is STILL up in the air and I don't want to get my hopes up too high. Thanks so much! I will update you once I know ☺️

Being in this forum does give me a lot of anxiety, but at the same time so much peace because there's other people that are going/have gone through the same thing. I feel like were I get the most anxious is the results page.... I start checking my emails to see if I got anything ?

Oh and as for self-care: I purchased a membership at the gym! Hopefully I can tire myself out so I can get some sleep ?

1 hour ago, nguyen16041 said:

Yes, I completely agree. I have received many rejections... but nothing worse than waitlist (for my anxiety at least) because everything is STILL up in the air and I don't want to get my hopes up too high. Thanks so much! I will update you once I know ☺️

Being in this forum does give me a lot of anxiety, but at the same time so much peace because there's other people that are going/have gone through the same thing. I feel like were I get the most anxious is the results page.... I start checking my emails to see if I got anything ?

Oh and as for self-care: I purchased a membership at the gym! Hopefully I can tire myself out so I can get some sleep ?

I agree. Getting on the waitlist was probably the most anxiety inducing. And I understand everything you said about staying on this forum. I was on it all the time because it gave me hope and comfort to see others who were in the same predicament or experiencing the same things as me.

That's awesome! The gym will definitely help keep your mind occupied!

Can't wait to hear back from you!