When to give up? SLP Grad School

Hi!

I think you are a great candidate and you seem to have so much experience. In my opinion what I put emphasis on (which our professors told us mattered most) was observations and community service. I got accepted to all schools I applied to and cum gpa was 3.3.... csd 3.8...gre 289....

You can do it too!! 

Best of luck!

Here’s the deal keep trying, IF you are willing to put in the work and retake the GRE.  If you don’t plan on retaking the GRE you are sending the message you don’t really want this.  That’s how schools interpret the same scores most will intentionally look at the test and see you’ve had plenty of time to retake it in 4 years and have chosen not to.  Then they look at the GPA and see a 3.2 below average. (Sorry!!) 

It is extremely unlikely anyone will look to see that it was due to science classes at this point.  If you raise your verbal GRE you are showing effort and they might say well this is weird her GRE is this...wonder why her GPA was so low?

The people on here telling you to focus on non gre schools fail to mention that most of those schools require amazing GPAs to compensate.  3.8+ and one school I’m aware of is 3.9 and 4.0s only unless you are from their program.  CSU San Marcos will not accept those scores.  I was interviewed there and they have a rigorous program that is academically demanding.

I worked in admissions at my school so know what the application process looks like.  My school was more hands on than the majority of programs and still had some basic #s they looked at before reviewing the entire application.

They have hundreds of applications, focus on your verbal GRE bc as others have said if you don’t meet certain #s nobody will be reading your essay or resume or looking at the transcripts.  Hoping I don’t get down voted for being honest about the reality of admissions.

I’m not trying to discourage you, I’m trying to help you get in!!  You are capable of boosting the verbal GRE so focus your energy on that and I hope you get in!!  Manhattan GRE prep books are good and their vocabulary flash cards are really helpful.

Good luck you CAN do this ?

P.S- being waitlisted is a sign to keep going.  That means they like the other parts of your application!!

Edited by CBG321