Loma Linda SLPA Program

Has anyone attended Loma Linda’s SLPA online program? I applied for summer session and I was told by many former students that if I didn’t apply within that hour once the application opened, my chances of getting in are slim......

I did not know that! I applied last semester and didn't get in. Of course there is only 35 spots and it's one of the few that offer the course in California for cmsd bachelor students. It makes sense that they do it in the order it's recieved because they didn't ask for resumes or transcripts. I applied very early this time around for summer, but because I got into masters programs I don't think I will be attending either way. 

23 minutes ago, slplo said:

I did not know that! I applied last semester and didn't get in. Of course there is only 35 spots and it's one of the few that offer the course in California for cmsd bachelor students. It makes sense that they do it in the order it's recieved because they didn't ask for resumes or transcripts. I applied very early this time around for summer, but because I got into masters programs I don't think I will be attending either way. 

Yes I’m pretty bummed! I didn’t apply until the next day. I was told it had to be within the hour. Congrats on getting into grad school!

No, I haven't applied but I do plan on applying for the Winter quarter. I hope you get in! I'll make sure to remember to login exactly at midnight. Do you have a lead on any supervisor placements? How long do you have to wait before you find out if you got into the SLPA program?

Edited by KEIM

21 minutes ago, KEIM said:

No, I haven't applied but I do plan on applying for the Winter quarter. I hope you get in! I'll make sure to remember to login exactly at midnight. Do you have a lead on any supervisor placements? How long do you have to wait before you find out if you got into the SLPA program?

They said within two weeks, so I guess by this Monday coming up.... I work at a private practice for speech therapy so I’m doing my hours there.

19 hours ago, Krys14 said:

They said within two weeks, so I guess by this Monday coming up.... I work at a private practice for speech therapy so I’m doing my hours there.

That's great that you have a place lined up! I hope you get in. 

5 hours ago, nitak said:

Besides CSUN, do anyone know if theres other strictly fieldwork programs in socal?

I'm not aware of any other ones. The other option is a 2 year SLPA degree. 

21 hours ago, KEIM said:

I was able to find a supervisor placement just by emailing private practices in the area or checking on their website there are some that say they accept interns! The private practice that allowed me to intern there already had a contract in place with LLU and I don't even live in socal.

On 4/17/2019 at 5:57 PM, Krys14 said:

Has anyone attended Loma Linda’s SLPA online program? I applied for summer session and I was told by many former students that if I didn’t apply within that hour once the application opened, my chances of getting in are slim......

I did! You have to submit your application as soon as it opens. It's too many future SLPAs and not enough programs.

• 1 month later...
On 4/17/2019 at 7:50 PM, Krys14 said:

Did you get into LL SLPA program? 

On 6/11/2019 at 6:27 PM, Krys14 said:

No I did not :( 

Sorry! :( Did you apply right at midnight?

On 6/11/2019 at 10:15 PM, Sweetroll said:

You have to apply right the second it opens. I suggest having all your info and supervisor emails on a word document to just copy and paste. Submitt as fast as you can . 

Do you know the exact information they want on the application? Is it 1 or 2 supervisors info that is required?

9 hours ago, KEIM said:

Sorry! :(Did you apply right at midnight?

Do you know the exact information they want on the application? Is it 1 or 2 supervisors info that is required?

I didn’t apply within the hour, I applied a day later lol and from what I can remember it gives you two options for two supervisors ,(if u want) also their  emails, and contact info 

Just now, nitak said:

I submitted just in case, but none of my personal information is on there so I doubt it means anything.

Same here! So annoying and unfair ! I have work in the AM so I don’t even know when I’m going to be able to try again :(

Just now, Krys14 said:

Same here! So annoying and unfair ! I have work in the AM so I don’t even know when I’m going to be able to try again :(

I sent an email to them, but not expecting to hear back tonight

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2019 at 3:59 PM, KEIM said:

Sorry! :(Did you apply right at midnight?

From what i remember: your name, address, email, schools you attended and what degree you got.  

Supervisors name, address, email, phone number. 

Its just one page so its fast.