CF Salary

Wow, good question. I didn't realize how little information there is out there on clinical fellowship year (CFY) pay. I would ignore averages on websites like Payscale and Glassdoor because it looks like they're grouping SLP (CCC) and CFY and getting an average of the two together because job postings for CFY candidates are often open to SLPs as well. I came across some anecdotal information on Reddit. While one person says doing your CFY in a school in Miami would get you $40k, another person makes a questionable claim that their former classmate is making $65 an hour in NYC! But a couple people mentioned between $55k and $70k, which seems more realistic to me (particularly the lower end).

4 hours ago, Rezzy S. said:

Wow, good question. I didn't realize how little information there is out there on clinical fellowship year (CFY) pay. I would ignore averages on websites like Payscale and Glassdoor because it looks like they're grouping SLP (CCC) and CFY and getting an average of the two together because job postings for CFY candidates are often open to SLPs as well. I came across some anecdotal information on Reddit. While one person says doing your CFY in a school in Miami would get you $40k, another person makes a questionable claim that their former classmate is making $65 an hour in NYC! But a couple people mentioned between $55k and $70k, which seems more realistic to me (particularly the lower end).

Wow, I feel like $40k is ridiculously low for having a Masters degree. I was hoping to start out at $60k

Edited by mc161921

45 minutes ago, mc161921 said:

Wow, I feel like $40k is ridiculously low for having a Masters degree. I was hoping to start out at $60k

Agreed! I'm guessing $40k is not the norm. Particularly if you're in a larger city or in an area desperate for SLPs.

On 4/20/2019 at 4:17 PM, Toya said:

I agree. SLPAs in CA don't even start at 40k so a CF shouldn't be anywhere near that.  I know a few CFs started off between 65-70k.

I agree too. In TX and in the school setting, SLP assistants start out higher than 40k.