Fall 2020 Industrial Organizational Psychology PhD

On 1/16/2020 at 3:05 PM, IOapp2020 said:

I'm still waiting to hear back from any school. But I see that you got an interview at Charlotte. When did you hear back from them?

Heard back on the 9th of Jan!

I heard today from IUPUI (Applied Social and Organizational Psychology Ph.D.) for a phone interview with my POI sometime this week!

Edited by emsoap

On 1/18/2020 at 5:42 PM, greatestscott1 said:

So far, I've had 2 interviews at NC State and Wayne State. I also got invited to the interview at Houston on the 7th-8th

Did Wayne State say anything about their timeline? They've made contact about acceptances/waitlisted/rejections around this time in years past. 

23 minutes ago, IOapp2020 said:

Did Wayne State say anything about their timeline? They've made contact about acceptances/waitlisted/rejections around this time in years past. 

I didn't apply to Wayne State but I started my application there in the summer and they sent me a rejection notice.

2 hours ago, IOapp2020 said:

If I remember correctly, he said it would be about a week to two weeks. I had my interview on Thursday the 16th.

12 minutes ago, M.Millier said:

I got an email this morning about a phone interview for UCF!

OO that is exciting I applied there too hoping for good news! Who is your POI?

Edited by I/OWA

Heard back from The University of Tulsa. Got accepted to the MA program though I applied for PhD. Still exciting though...because it is still grad school! Will be going to their visit day on Feb. 7th!

29 minutes ago, I/OWA said:

Heard back from The University of Tulsa. Got accepted to the MA program though I applied for PhD. Still exciting though...because it is still grad school! Will be going to their visit day on Feb. 7th!

Congratulations! I also just heard back from Tulsa and will be attending their visitation day.

Hey everyone, 

Just wanted to contribute to the information on here. 

I applied to:

Penn State

BGSU

UNC Charlotte

UGA

FIU

CSU

Texas A&M

Clemson 

I have heard back from two so far: BGSU said that I am on their short wait list, and UNC Charlotte invited me to their recruitment day.

Has anyone heard back from any of the schools I mentioned?

Edited by IOPHD1

51 minutes ago, IOPHD1 said:

Hey everyone, 

Just wanted to contribute to the information on here. 

I applied to:

Penn State

BGSU

UNC Charlotte

UGA

FIU

CSU

Texas A&M

Clemson 

I have heard back from two so far: BGSU said that I am on their short wait list, and UNC Charlotte invited me to their recruitment day.

Has anyone heard back from any of the schools I mentioned?

Clemson emailed on Jan 19th saying that we should hear back from faculty if we are on the short list in 4-6 weeks.

Just seems like every program is pretty dry right now. A lot of the Developmental programs have heard information but I know other people applying to ergonomics and they haven't heard much either.

Hey All heard Montclair State in north NJ is launching a new PhD program starting Fall 2020. Because it was just approved they have rolling admissions first year (to be typical timeline next). They also offer a data science specialization (i.e., learn python and big data courses in computer science) plus offer a quant certificate. Six research active faculty (2 affiliate), several early career. Here is webpage:

https://www.montclair.edu/psychology/graduate-programs/industrial-organizational-psychology/

Does anyone know how good either Georgia Tech's or Saint Louis's programs are? I have seen a few rankings online, but those tend to be a mixed bag.

14 hours ago, DonEvest said:

Hey All heard Montclair State in north NJ is launching a new PhD program starting Fall 2020. Because it was just approved they have rolling admissions first year (to be typical timeline next). They also offer a data science specialization (i.e., learn python and big data courses in computer science) plus offer a quant certificate. Six research active faculty (2 affiliate), several early career. Here is webpage:

https://www.montclair.edu/psychology/graduate-programs/industrial-organizational-psychology/

The $200 deposit required within 14 days of admission is interesting...Maybe that's normal of rolling admissions?

18 minutes ago, IOapp2020 said:

The $200 deposit required within 14 days of admission is interesting...Maybe that's normal of rolling admissions?

I agree. It makes me wonder how fast they would review the application and if they are just seeking that many people to enroll. But after reading the information it does seem like there is a lot of credibility in the program.

3 hours ago, GH1D said:

Does anyone know how good either Georgia Tech's or Saint Louis's programs are? I have seen a few rankings online, but those tend to be a mixed bag.

I know a couple faculty at both that are good. The rankings online aren’t representative of programs and not useful at all. It is far more important to have an advisor who is top of their sub-field and is a good human being.