Fall 2020 Industrial Organizational Psychology PhD

1 hour ago, psycholokri said:

Has anyone heard from Georgia? I have emailed their psychology page and have not heard anything. 

I called their admissions office a while ago, and later received a rejection via email

10 minutes ago, greatestscott1 said:

When did you hear back from Houston? 

I followed up with my POI two days ago and received a response today about being on the waitlist!

5 minutes ago, IOapp2020 said:

Wonder if that means they finally got department approval for funding  ?

I was told that that offers are being approved right now, so they should be going out soon!

On 2/27/2020 at 4:33 PM, psycholokri said:

Has anyone heard from Georgia? I have emailed their psychology page and have not heard anything. 

I checked the portal (gradstatus) maybe a week or two ago and found out I was rejected.

Anyone heard from George Mason about their Masters program? I checked my gradportal and got an acceptance letter but no one has actually contacted me yet. 

On 2/27/2020 at 5:20 PM, xdj17 said:

I was told that that offers are being approved right now, so they should be going out soon!

Has anyone heard anything? Been checking the portal and my email. Still nothing. 

9 minutes ago, CaliCounter said:

Has anyone heard anything? Been checking the portal and my email. Still nothing. 

Nothing here either. I'm reallyyyy wanting to ask for an update but am reminding myself that patience is a virtue. I know they said it can take up to three weeks to get approval and they only sent the names two weeks ago at the earliest.

1 hour ago, IOapp2020 said:

Welp, Houston sensed my anxiety and sent the letters. Hope to see one of you there in the fall :) 

Still haven't heard anything at all. How hard is it to tell everyone their status at the same time whether its an accept or a reject.

2 hours ago, IOapp2020 said:

Welp, Houston sensed my anxiety and sent the letters. Hope to see one of you there in the fall :) 

Congrats! best of luck going forward. (p.s. If you like tacos, go to Torchy's in Houston) 

28 minutes ago, iohhp said:

Did you find out via email or your admissions portal?

I got an email saying my admissions decision was ready for viewing on the portal. On the portal, a new "View Decision Letter" button popped up. 

On 3/3/2020 at 8:59 PM, IOapp2020 said:

What's the initial of your PI? if you don't mind

1 hour ago, IOapp2020 said:

I don't know yet. The acceptance letter didn't say and I haven't received any further information. 

Oh interesting.. There was no visitation day?

Does anyone have advice on how soon is too soon to start asking about your application status? There are a few programs that I still haven't heard from and even though it's probably safe to assume that they are rejections at this point, others have been rejected and waitlisted by these programs too. Does asking ever help or hinder your chances?

Just now, HopelesslyDevoted said:

Does anyone have advice on how soon is too soon to start asking about your application status? There are a few programs that I still haven't heard from and even though it's probably safe to assume that they are rejections at this point, others have been rejected and waitlisted by these programs too. Does asking ever help or hinder your chances?

I emailed all of the professors about 3 weeks ago-- that's honestly how I received most of my rejections/waitlists/updates. I don't think it hurts at all. If you prefer, you could email the department, but I think if you have emailed the POI before then you are completely okay to email them for an update. 

4 hours ago, HopelesslyDevoted said:

I just got done emailing the rest of my programs! I think it is important because then you know where you stand! I thought a lot of mine would be rejections, but they are actually waitlists (fingers crossed), but a lot of places don't tell you until later because technically you are still under consideration if their top choices don't accept.

In the grand scheme, I think it is worth it because it shows you are still interested!