Trudeau 2020

Adelaide9216

17 hours ago, WellThen said:

My mention of prestigious universities was meant in terms of the caliber of applicants that they are getting and not the foundation selection process per se. I know that not everyone has the circumstances to even think about a Yale or Oxford, but we don't know who the other applicants are or what they've accomplished. Ultimately, we are all doing impactful work in our communities or why else would we be applying. It sucks for us, but these decisions are truly a crap shoot because this is all good and important work. There are just so many applicants and so few spots. I don't like finding out in online forums rather than by them, so they could definitely improve that still. 

Yeah, I'm sure all of the successful applicants believe that their work is impactful too. If you look at last year's cohort, it certainly seems like they're making progressive changes in their selection criteria. They must have a killer pool of applicants.

Someone from my university said that they will contact only the finalists.

but there seems to be some confusion about whether 24-26 of February are the interviews dates or the days when they will invite the finalists...

2 hours ago, Dryad said:

No notice. I think it's safe to assume that they've finished making their selections.

I was told by a the person responsible for the scholarships at my university that non-selected participants won't receive any email from the Foundation. So yes, better luck next year for us.

• 1 month later...
On 3/28/2020 at 8:29 PM, Adelaide9216 said:

Any news??? :)

I didn't get it, unfortunately. They only gave out 16, oddly enough, and announced it later than they said they would. I'm curious what happened behind the scenes to lead to that.

Anyways, for anyone curious next year: the panel interview was hard. I got grilled a lot on my area of work and why I wanted the scholarship. They've changed the group component, and it was no longer a creative activity but was instead more of a Rhodes-style cocktail hour with the selection committee. Not sure how they used that in the end. 

Best of luck to anyone applying next year!