Adelaide9216

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, hojoojoh said:

I've always been curious about this award.

Is it usually public policy/sociology fields that get them -- that's the image I have of it in my head.

Good luck to all applicants!

It's for people in the social sciences and humanities! I don't think I'll get this award, but I am going to try anyways. Yes, there's a public policy incline to the research projects they fund! They want research that will have impact on society and outside of academia. 

Thanks for the good luck :)

Edited by Adelaide9216

I am quite dissapointed by this year's theme. The cycle of leadership training this year has "Technology and ethics" as a theme, in relation to health care, bioethics and artificial intelligence. My work does not relate to that theme. But it does relate to one of the main themes of the Foundation. I wonder if this will make me disqualify if I want to apply to Trudeau. Wow. 

• 2 weeks later...

They said it's okay if my topic does not relate to that theme.

I still have technical issues (one extra referree that needs to be deleted and for some reason, I have two applications drafts in the portal...) They are not responding back, I hope it won't affect my ability to apply. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 2:09 PM, Adelaide9216 said:

Hello,

anyone applying to this year's cycle? Does anyone know if the contest will open in September? I believe last year it was in December but it was exceptional.

I'll be applying this year. I've been struggling with the personal statement.

On 11/15/2019 at 2:56 PM, Adelaide9216 said:

I am quite dissapointed by this year's theme. The cycle of leadership training this year has "Technology and ethics" as a theme, in relation to health care, bioethics and artificial intelligence. My work does not relate to that theme. But it does relate to one of the main themes of the Foundation. I wonder if this will make me disqualify if I want to apply to Trudeau. Wow. 

What's your topic?

21 hours ago, Dryad said:

What's your topic?

I don't want to say it here for confidentiality purposes. But the Foundation told me that your doctoral work has to be linked to one of the four main themes. You do not need to have expertise in Technology and Ethics.

21 hours ago, Dryad said:

I'll be applying this year. I've been struggling with the personal statement.

Yes, it's the hardest part! And it seems to be the most important one because we're allowed more space to write it than the other sections.

14 hours ago, Adelaide9216 said:

I don't want to say it here for confidentiality purposes. But the Foundation told me that your doctoral work has to be linked to one of the four main themes. You do not need to have expertise in Technology and Ethics.

That's cool. And interesting!

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, DataCrusader said:

Seems like a lot more of a focus on who you are (like the longer personal statement and questionnaire) than on what your research is about (or past research evidence)

yes, the research statement is much longer than the research description section

Edited by Adelaide9216

• 3 weeks later...