MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

hey everyone. hope you are all well. i am a prospective student for the fall 2021 cycle. im here cause i dont really know where to ask this. but ive noticed alot of people applying to UofA MPH program and not the MSC program? is there a specific reason for this? additionally, if i apply for the MSC in public health rather than the MPH does this mean i must find a supervisor before applying? 

sorry if this are straightforward questions. im an international student who has never studied abroad and alot of the times the information on the sites is confusing, couple that with not really understanding the canadian grading/application/school program systems leaves me quite confused.

thanks for any information you can provide

Anyone here accepted their offer for U Vic MPH? Looking to see if there is already a Facebook group or a way to connect :)

As for some background, I was accepted into U Vic and Waterloo, waitlisted at Brock. Am really hoping to get out to Victoria once or twice (if COVID-19 permits) over the course of the program!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey I am an international student(India) with an undergraduate degree (Batch of 2020) in Biotech. Though i don't come from a public health background, I had biostatistics as a subject in my undergraduate year. I also have one year of volunteer experience (fundraising, cleanup drives, donation).  Additionally, I have 6 months of research experience and another 10 months of work experience.  I am planning to apply for MPH for fall 21 season in U of A (Health Policy and Management), U of T (HP) and SFU . Can i please get your perspective regarding this because I am very interested in working towards healthcare 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all!! I am a current MPH applicant. I have applied to UFT, Queens, Ottawa, Mcmaster, Guelph and Waterloo. I have an interview for Toronto's MPH (Occupational and Environmental Health) program coming up soon.

I was wondering if any of the past applicants coudl provide any insight on the intervew questions :)

Thanks in advance!!