MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

2 minutes ago, Ahertz said:

Same! Just wondering does U of T also send rejections each round? Or do they just wait til the end to send all rejection...

Same here! Pretty sure they send out rejections each round (at least they did for health promo). I think they send out rejections a day or two before a batch of acceptances go out. 

Just now, mphfall2020! said:

Same here! Pretty sure they send out rejections each round (at least they did for health promo). I think they send out rejections a day or two before a batch of acceptances go out. 

That kind makes me feel a little bit better. At least I am not immediately rejected... Thanks!

19 minutes ago, xttr said:

How likely is it that we’ll even get off waitlists at this point? ?

Based on last year's thread people on the waitlist for Western's MPH heard back June 6th so fingers crossed!

On 5/22/2020 at 1:16 PM, my.mph2020 said:

Hey there - still haven't heard anything back yet. Hoping to hear back by the end of next week hopefully.

Hey, just wanted to add I have also not heard back yet. 

Thank you for sharing whether you have heard anything from Uottawa. 

On 5/26/2020 at 4:53 PM, MPH2020Canada said:

Based on last year's thread people on the waitlist for Western's MPH heard back June 6th so fingers crossed!

Interesting! I’m still waiting for a response from UBC’s waitlist ?

1 hour ago, rifka_c said:

Is anyone waiting to hear back from U Alberta for their MSc program in Public Health?

I emailed them twice but no answer. 

Hi I emailed the MPH program in mid May, and they said they would have decisions for the waitlist by end of may. However, I still have no changes in my GSMS account and haven't received an email from them. I know it's not exactly the same program as you but I hope this helps! 

Hi all,

Just felt obligated to update my admission status. Just received admission to UofT's MPH in Epidemiology in the last 15 minutes. I also received admission to McMaster's Global Health program, and haven't decided which program I would like to do as of yet.

Best of luck to everyone else!

16 hours ago, MPHhope said:

Hi all,

Just felt obligated to update my admission status. Just received admission to UofT's MPH in Epidemiology in the last 15 minutes. I also received admission to McMaster's Global Health program, and haven't decided which program I would like to do as of yet.

Best of luck to everyone else!

Congrats!! May I ask when’s the deadline to accept the offer from U of T?

22 hours ago, m_ella said:

Hi I emailed the MPH program in mid May, and they said they would have decisions for the waitlist by end of may. However, I still have no changes in my GSMS account and haven't received an email from them. I know it's not exactly the same program as you but I hope this helps! 

Thank you! That is helpful, I guess we will know in the next couple of weeks

Good luck!

I received admission to UofT's MPH in Health Promotion yesterday! Deadline to accept the offer is on June 8th. Good luck to everyone!

For those of you have accepted UofT's offer for Health Promo, are you interested in having an FB group? I know there's one for Epidemiology.

21 hours ago, PHP said:

Western's MPH will be administered online possibly for the entire year. Any thoughts on whether it is worth completing or deferring till fall 2021?

Are most universities doing at least the fall semester online? I think if it's only a semester it would be okay but isn't a major component of Western's MPH the vast network of people in the field (with the integration of their business program) the reason they're charging so much? My friend who started last year at Western's MPH talks constantly about how amazing the public health officials they meet are and that it's worth the price tag. Not suggesting either doing online or deferring but for Western specifically, it would seem like the value of their program is heavily due to this network they boast about. Just something to consider! :) Good luck deciding!

59 minutes ago, mphc said:

Are most universities doing at least the fall semester online? I think if it's only a semester it would be okay but isn't a major component of Western's MPH the vast network of people in the field (with the integration of their business program) the reason they're charging so much? My friend who started last year at Western's MPH talks constantly about how amazing the public health officials they meet are and that it's worth the price tag. Not suggesting either doing online or deferring but for Western specifically, it would seem like the value of their program is heavily due to this network they boast about. Just something to consider! :) Good luck deciding!

I know for uOttawa (from emails they sent about undergrad classes) that they are doing the first semester online at least but if campus can be reopened, students will have a choice to go to class or continue the semester online. Looks like they want to open the campus ASAP but there has been a bacterial outbreak in the water so it's another thing they need to worry about. It is common for that to happen when toilets and water is not running for a long time though.

On 6/3/2020 at 1:16 PM, canadamph said:

I received admission to UofT's MPH in Health Promotion yesterday! Deadline to accept the offer is on June 8th. Good luck to everyone!

For those of you have accepted UofT's offer for Health Promo, are you interested in having an FB group? I know there's one for Epidemiology.

That's awesome, congrats! I still haven't gotten a decision yet, I hope I hear good news as well.

On 6/3/2020 at 8:33 AM, Ahertz said:

Congrats!! May I ask when’s the deadline to accept the offer from U of T?

Thank you! I have until June 9th to accept (which I do intend on doing so).

Best of luck to you and everyone else still waiting on responses!!