MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

On 5/17/2020 at 11:57 AM, xttr said:

Does anyone know if UBC MPH’s waitlist has had any movement whatsoever? I remember seeing some posts on here saying they’ve declined UBC’s offer...surely they’d have some movement in the waitlist since then? I emailed UBC and they said there aren’t any new updates - so how would they have filled the places of those who declined admission? ? 

Keep in mind that UBC purposely over-admits with the expectation that around half will decline (last year 61 offers were given out for a final enrollment of 33).I hope you get off the waitlist and join the cohort next year, but also be prepared to not get in.

7 hours ago, ubcmph2020 said:

Keep in mind that UBC purposely over-admits with the expectation that around half will decline (last year 61 offers were given out for a final enrollment of 33).I hope you get off the waitlist and join the cohort next year, but also be prepared to not get in.

That’s absurd. Would you happen to know how many they keep on their waitlist? Also, what’s the point of a waitlist if they’re going to over-admit by more than double...? 

9 minutes ago, xttr said:

That’s absurd. Would you happen to know how many they keep on their waitlist? Also, what’s the point of a waitlist if they’re going to over-admit by more than double...? 

I believe most unis send out more offers than they want students, and the waitlist is in case too many of their first choice picks decline their offer to fill the cohort to a size they want. UBC’s historic enrollment info for all their graduate programs is found here

Hi everyone! I've been admitted to the University of Toronto MPH Epidemiology program and will start this Fall. I am looking for other UofT MPH students (Epi or other streams) to create a facebook group. I can see from previous posts that not all applicants have received a response, but I am excited to meet our cohort! Please feel welcome to send me a message me so that we can connect on facebook and create a group. Thanks!

2 hours ago, vvv_kk said:

Hi everyone! I've been admitted to the University of Toronto MPH Epidemiology program and will start this Fall. I am looking for other UofT MPH students (Epi or other streams) to create a facebook group. I can see from previous posts that not all applicants have received a response, but I am excited to meet our cohort! Please feel welcome to send me a message me so that we can connect on facebook and create a group. Thanks!

Hey congrats!

I got an offer for MPH epi in March and I've been quietly lurking ever since. I'm down to join a facebook group when I remember my password or manage to reset it ?

Congrats to everyone who got in this coming Fall!

I unfortunately got rejections from U of T Health Promo and McMaster Global Health. 

I am still waiting to hear back from Alberta for their MSc program in Global Health 

4 hours ago, rifka_c said:

Congrats to everyone who got in this coming Fall!

I unfortunately got rejections from U of T Health Promo and McMaster Global Health. 

I am still waiting to hear back from Alberta for their MSc program in Global Health 

I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you hear good news from Alberta :) Also, do you mind sharing when you heard back from UofT Health Promo?

4 minutes ago, canadamph said:

I'm sorry to hear that! I hope you hear good news from Alberta :) Also, do you mind sharing when you heard back from UofT Health Promo?

I feel like it's just the two of us that haven't heard back haha. I assume we're on some sort of wait list. Anyone else still waiting to hear from UofT Health promo?

Just now, mphfall2020! said:

I feel like it's just the two of us that haven't heard back haha. I assume we're on some sort of wait list. Anyone else still waiting to hear from UofT Health promo?

Haha I know right! I e-mailed them last week and they said "The admissions process is still underway".

18 minutes ago, canadamph said:

Thank you! I heard back on the 4th of May

1 minute ago, canadamph said:

Haha I know right! I e-mailed them last week and they said "The admissions process is still underway".

Yeah I assume there's a bit of uncertainty whether the people who have accepted their offer will be able to attend in the fall. Some people might've also accepted, but are waiting to hear from other programs so there might be some spots that open up later. But it would be nice to hear some communication that we are on the wait list instead of just radio silence. Best of luck to you though and I hope we hear soon!

1 hour ago, mphfall2020! said:

Yeah I assume there's a bit of uncertainty whether the people who have accepted their offer will be able to attend in the fall. Some people might've also accepted, but are waiting to hear from other programs so there might be some spots that open up later. But it would be nice to hear some communication that we are on the wait list instead of just radio silence. Best of luck to you though and I hope we hear soon!

I agree! We should at least be informed if we have been waitlisted but I am assuming UofT follows a "multiple rounds of offers" approach rather than waitlists ? Best of luck to you too and hope we hear good news!

On 5/13/2020 at 2:01 PM, watmph2020 said:

hey! Silent lurker here and accepted into the Waterloo MPH program. I haven't come across a group chat for the Waterloo MPH cohort but happy to start one so we can all connect since the program is mostly online. 

Hey! How awesome! Someone reached out to me as well for a group chat. I’ll add you to our convo. 

Hi has anyone else been accepted/waitlisted/rejected by waterloo? 

I received an email a week ago saying that my application has been assessed by the school of public health and is now advancing to university  review. I know this does not mean anything and is just a general email from them but its been a while since I have heard from them. 

I'm not sure if they're done sending out their acceptances or if there will be another round but the wait is exhausting. I am constantly checking my email and I feel like majority of everyone has received answers from all universities except me?

Is anyone else in the same boat? Did any of you receive any updates from them recently? 

If you're attending U of T for any public health program this fall, we (the Public Health Students' Association) have created a Facebook group so you can connect with everyone and stay up to date with our orientation programming! We're excited to meet you all :)

The link for the group is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2724165124479833/?source_id=169542879722785

Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back! 

Hey all, congratulations on your acceptances so far! You're going to do great.

I just finished the first year of my MPH at the University of Saskatchewan. I felt like the university website didn't have a lot of information about the program online, so if you're planning on attending USask and have questions feel free to send me a message! Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone! Has anyone applied to uOttawa and know when we will be hearing back? I don't think they have sent anything out yet but it seems late compared to other schools. Maybe because their deadline was April 30th, but just wanting opinions of other people!

18 hours ago, Gradthenmed said:

Hi everyone! Has anyone applied to uOttawa and know when we will be hearing back? I don't think they have sent anything out yet but it seems late compared to other schools. Maybe because their deadline was April 30th, but just wanting opinions of other people!

Hey there - still haven't heard anything back yet. Hoping to hear back by the end of next week hopefully.