MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

Has anyone received an update about the Western MPH waitlist? It seems as though second round of acceptances will be in July now

14 minutes ago, jonjonjon said:

Anyone hear back from uoft health promo this week?

Nope still nervously waiting haha. Have there been any updates from UofT whether it's going to be online this fall? I know UBC MPH is online.

Edited by mphfall2020!

On 5/27/2020 at 3:16 PM, Canada1 said:

Hey, just wanted to add I have also not heard back yet. 

Thank you for sharing whether you have heard anything from Uottawa. 

Hey everyone,

Wanted to see if anyone has heard any recent updates from Ottawa or Waterloo?

5 hours ago, msmph said:

At this point, if I’m not accepted at uoft mph epi, does that basically mean I don’t have a chance?

I know I'm still waiting to hear from uoft health promo and I'm not sure how common it is to be accepted in late June

Edited by mphfall2020!

3 hours ago, mphfall2020! said:

I know I'm still waiting to hear from uoft health promo and I'm not sure how common it is to be accepted in late June

Honestly due to the COVID delays and everything I think you both have a chance still if you haven't heard anything! I received a rejection from uoft health promo a month ago so I think you're on the waitlist if anything! Plus i know western is giving first round offers until july to accept since the program is online now. 

Hello Everyone!!

First of all, Congratulations to everyone who got accepted, I am sure you guys worked really hard and it was well deserved.

Secondly, I would love suggestions from the students who unfortunately, like me, did not get any acceptances this year. I am a dentist from India with one year work experience, various public health related volunteering experience like administering polio vaccines and such, I believe I had pretty strong references as well. I am wondering what all of yours second options were to fall back on? I would love to hear suggestions, whether you applied for MSc programs or will be reapplying next year for MPH as well. Thanks in advance and hope everyone is healthy and safe!

On 6/19/2020 at 7:05 PM, MPH2020Canada said:

Honestly due to the COVID delays and everything I think you both have a chance still if you haven't heard anything! I received a rejection from uoft health promo a month ago so I think you're on the waitlist if anything! Plus i know western is giving first round offers until july to accept since the program is online now. 

Yes that's very true - thanks for the words of encouragement! I hope you hear back from Western soon :)

On 6/20/2020 at 6:03 PM, jonjonjon said:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat still!

Haha good to know! On the website it says that we should receive acceptances/rejections by June 30 so I'm hoping we hear back soon. Good luck!!

On 6/22/2020 at 4:52 PM, mphfall2020! said:

Yes that's very true - thanks for the words of encouragement! I hope you hear back from Western soon :)

Haha good to know! On the website it says that we should receive acceptances/rejections by June 30 so I'm hoping we hear back soon. Good luck!!

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that I got a rejection from uoft health promo this afternoon. A little bummed out, but I hope you were successful if you've received your decision also!

1 hour ago, jonjonjon said:

Hey! Just wanted to let you know that I got a rejection from uoft health promo this afternoon. A little bummed out, but I hope you were successful if you've received your decision also!

I also received a rejection today. Pretty bummed out too, but I think there were a lot of amazing applicants this year. Makes my decision easier though since I was going back and forth between UBC (accepted) and UofT. Anyways I'm excited about doing my MPH at UBC - seems like a great program too! Have you been accepted elsewhere? Wishing you the best! :)

Heyy 

I need help calculating my estimate canadian equivalent gpa. I’m a foreign trained dentist and have done my bachelors from pakistan. My total percentage is 67%. Please someone convert it for me and also please tell me the minimum gpa required for mph in canada

Thank you!!

Hello everyone! I just got an offer of admission from UBC MPH off the waitlist a moment ago - so super happy to be admitted! I am still more interested in the SFU program than the UBC program so I may decline the offer from UBC, which will hopefully open up a spot for another deserving candidate. Haven’t made my decision yet but super excited to be starting grad school in the fall!