MPH 2020 Canada

Jill98

3 hours ago, nervousbutexcited said:

Wow congratulations!! That's so amazing :) What a stressful way to make you find out though. My heart would have been beating so fast waiting to open that letter haha. Good luck with your decision between the programs! Like you said, I'm sure there's no wrong decision here. I haven't heard back from U of T yet so hopefully there's still a chance. I guess I just have to wait and see!

Thank you so much! I think I have decided on U of T, but it was not an easy decision haha so wherever you end up I think it will be incredible! Best of luck :) 

17 hours ago, nervousbutexcited said:

Wow congratulations!! That's so amazing :) What a stressful way to make you find out though. My heart would have been beating so fast waiting to open that letter haha. Good luck with your decision between the programs! Like you said, I'm sure there's no wrong decision here. I haven't heard back from U of T yet so hopefully there's still a chance. I guess I just have to wait and see!

Hey

17 hours ago, nervousbutexcited said:

Which stream are you waiting to hear back from?

Hello friends, I've been following the page for a while now and would like to say congratulations to all people who have been accepted into programs! That is such an amazing accomplishment! Personally, I have applied to UofA MPH in Health Promotion and patiently waiting for a response - application switched to "Under Review" status about 3 weeks ago. For any Brock MPH acceptances, I am graduating from BrockU with a degree from the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences and was a local student. So, if you have any questions about the Brock-Niagara campus (even though it's online), the faculty, or the local area feel free to ask! :) 

I completely forgot to check this forum after my applications in January! Congrats to those who've been accepted, and for those who are still waiting hopefully you hear back soon. Also, thanks for all the insight and encouragement you've all shared.  

I was denied at DLSPH (as expected) and have been accepted at Guelph for their MPH. Guelph is my Alma Mater so I'm quite familiar with the city and school, but my worry is not having enough specialization in human health, biostats, etc. I'm also waiting to hear back from Queen's, but if I've been waitlisted to the end of April then that might be difficult, as my deadline to accept Guelph is the 20th I believe. 

I know it's been asked before, but what do you all think about Queen's vs Guelph in terms of program, city/school atmosphere, opportunities, etc?

2 minutes ago, SaintEpi said:

I completely forgot to check this forum after my applications in January! Congrats to those who've been accepted, and for those who are still waiting hopefully you hear back soon. Also, thanks for all the insight and encouragement you've all shared.  

I was denied at DLSPH (as expected) and have been accepted at Guelph for their MPH. Guelph is my Alma Mater so I'm quite familiar with the city and school, but my worry is not having enough specialization in human health, biostats, etc. I'm also waiting to hear back from Queen's, but if I've been waitlisted to the end of April then that might be difficult, as my deadline to accept Guelph is the 20th I believe. 

I know it's been asked before, but what do you all think about Queen's vs Guelph in terms of program, city/school atmosphere, opportunities, etc?

I've been reaching out to current Guelph MPH students and ive received nothing but positive feedback! They said that the program offers a lot of flexibility in the electives so you can choose ones that will suit your interests. I also read someone's blog that said the focus on human health is not lacking, I will link it here: 

https://phspot.ca/mph-options/

If you have other worries I do suggest to reach out to current students who have similar interests.

Anyone know ANYTHING about the general experiences of students in the UofT MPH in Epidemiology? Do people enjoy it? How are the Professors? Are grades hard to come by? How much do the practicums pay on average? 

For anyone who applied to Waterloo, they just sent out an email update. "The School of Public Health and Health Systems have received an exceptional number of competitive applications year. We are continuing to review applications and expect that you will receive any decision by April 24th". 

Edited by jmph2020

15 minutes ago, xttr said:

Does anyone have any idea about accepting multiple offers? Do the universities find out about this?

The universities definitely do not talk to each other, so if you really can’t decide and are ok with paying multiple non-refundable acceptance deposits go ahead

Just now, ubcmph2020 said:

The universities definitely do not talk to each other, so if you really can’t decide and are ok with paying multiple non-refundable acceptance deposits go ahead

Yeah I'm completely fine with it because I'm still on the waitlist for one and would love to know the decision for that one before making a firm decision. I know with the OUAC you can only have one acceptance on file. But I didn't apply to any Ontario schools so I'm assuming the other unis don't talk to each other to find this out.

Got an offer from Western today. They sent multiple emails including one with the letter of offer. I've already accepted my offer from SFU last week, so I declined. Speaking of, if anyone else has also accepted SFU's offer, let me know so I can add you to our ongoing group message. :)

Also received an email from Waterloo explaining most of their staff are working remotely and they're trying to get through the applications as soon as possible.