Orientations... There's so many!

vam1390

Those of you that have already gone through them, what is the general etiquette? My last orientation I did was for my undergrad, which was obviously full of teenagers in ripped jeans and the occasional sweats. My MA was online. 

I have my main Graduate Studies orientation tomorrow, and I'm not sure if I should go business casual? Professional? Normal street clothes? (I'll be doing an hour long campus tour in Florida heat...)

Also, what did you all bring? Note pads? Laptops? Just yourself?

• 2 weeks later...

I second nice casual with shoes you can walk in.  You don't want to be hot and sweaty in business casual clothes.  A notepad and a pen will be fine, although chances are they'll provide one as part of the welcome swag.  Do bring water and a snack in case they don't provide anything.

For the school-wide orientations, casual is fine. For the department one, it doesn't hurt to look a little more professional (i.e. jeans and nice top in lieu of ripped jeans). I wore a summer dress for the SoCal heat!

Take notes wherever you prefer. Chances are that in the big you won't take much notes anyway!