MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

8 minutes ago, katp said:

thanks thanks! i got an email to check an update in the portal. small scholarship so that tuition is still oof 

ah yes that tuition uffffff 

19 minutes ago, madisonc7 said:

Dang! Congrats! That's exciting. They include aid?

Edit: Did you get an email or just check the portal?

I got an email this morning letting me know that there was an update to my application status page. I didn’t apply for aid so not sure how they notify applicants about that!

2 hours ago, MSWHopeful123 said:

Congrats on all the acceptances so far! I received my acceptance letter from CU last week as well as my financial aid award this week. Sending supportive vibes to everyone!!

Ah I received my acceptance on the 16th and am still waiting for info about aid, would also be curious what that format looks like!

7 minutes ago, Mmgaf said:

Ah I received my acceptance on the 16th and am still waiting for info about aid, would also be curious what that format looks like!

Same! I want to submit my deposit, but just waiting to see if I got scholarships first!! 

15 minutes ago, Zayah said:

Same! I want to submit my deposit, but just waiting to see if I got scholarships first!! 

Tbh I’m not even considering Columbia but I want to know my scholarship to see if I can use it to get more money from other schools and then decline the offer haha 

3 hours ago, madisonc7 said:

How long did it take before UPenn reached out to schedule an interview?

Mine was also a day or two after I applied, but I did so in November so it was early for their deadline 

Just now, Mmgaf said:

Mine was also a day or two after I applied, but I did so in November so it was early for their deadline 

Yeah, I assume since I submitted day of the deadline they have a lot of people to sort through. 

3 minutes ago, madisonc7 said:

Yeah, I assume since I submitted day of the deadline they have a lot of people to sort through. 

I applied 12/19 and they emailed me to schedule my interview on 12/20. Did the email go to your spam?? They should of got back to you by now, I would call if I were you.

8 minutes ago, Mmgaf said:

Tbh I’m not even considering Columbia but I want to know my scholarship to see if I can use it to get more money from other schools and then decline the offer haha 

Hahahahahaahah. That is a great strategy. Do you know if they offer a lot? I couldn't gather much from my past years threads.

2 minutes ago, Zayah said:

I applied 12/19 and they emailed me to schedule my interview on 12/20. Did the email go to your spam?? They should of got back to you by now, I would call if I were you.

I checked spam. All I have is the confirmation email that my application was submitted so far. I'll give it until tomorrow at noon. 

1 minute ago, madisonc7 said:

I checked spam. All I have is the confirmation email that my application was submitted so far. I'll give it until tomorrow at noon. 

Gotcha. To my understanding, once your application is complete on file, they send an email to ask you to call them and schedule the interview. It's for every candidate. 

"According to our records, your application to the MSW Program at the University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy & Practice (SP2) is now complete. The next step in the admissions process is an application interview, which we would like to schedule soon. 

To arrange a time and date for your interview, please call our Admissions Office at (215) 746-1934 at any point between 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM (Eastern Time) on Mondays through Fridays. A member of our admissions team will help you schedule your interview, which will be conducted in person or via Zoom video chat."

3 minutes ago, Zayah said:

Gotcha. To my understanding, once your application is complete on file, they send an email to ask you to call them and schedule the interview. It's for every candidate. 

"According to our records, your application to the MSW Program at the University of Pennsylvania School of Social Policy & Practice (SP2) is now complete. The next step in the admissions process is an application interview, which we would like to schedule soon. 

To arrange a time and date for your interview, please call our Admissions Office at (215) 746-1934 at any point between 9:30 AM and 4:30 PM (Eastern Time) on Mondays through Fridays. A member of our admissions team will help you schedule your interview, which will be conducted in person or via Zoom video chat."

Mine is tagged on the portal as "ready for review", so I have a feeling maybe they're just wading through all apps. 

I'll email them though :)

Edited by madisonc7

I'm waiting too. I submitted on 01/24, but one of my professors did not upload her letter until this morning. However, as soon as my professor submitted her letter, my portal status changed to "ready for review." I ve heard that for some people it usually takes longer for the admissions to update the status, even after they have all the materials. So, I'm assuming that they are working pretty closely on sorting the materials and stuffs

Edited by msw2020waiting

Just now, madisonc7 said:

Mine is tagged on the portal as "ready for review", so I have a feeling maybe they're just wading through all apps. 

Ahh gotcha! Good Luck! 

I ended up cancelling my video interview. 

Have you heard back from any schools yet?

8 minutes ago, Zayah said:

Hahahahahaahah. That is a great strategy. Do you know if they offer a lot? I couldn't gather much from my past years threads.

No I also couldn’t tell, I’m just thinking maybe they would since both tuition and COL are insane there. It seems like otherwise they’d be a top SW school just producing grads who are too in debt to do anything productive 

1 minute ago, Zayah said:

Ahh gotcha! Good Luck! 

I ended up cancelling my video interview. 

Have you heard back from any schools yet?

Just ASU still. It makes me increasingly nervous to stay in the dark as others find out. But I'm staying hopeful as best as I can!!! ?

1 minute ago, Mmgaf said:

No I also couldn’t tell, I’m just thinking maybe they would since both tuition and COL are insane there. It seems like otherwise they’d be a top SW school just producing grads who are too in debt to do anything productive 

Gotcha.

I am curious to see, it is my dream school and would be helpful to know how can I swing the costs.

One of my good friends graduated from there and was able to pay all her debt off within a couple years. I HAVE NO IDEA how. I think actually just from opening a private practice.

3 minutes ago, madisonc7 said:

Just ASU still. It makes me increasingly nervous to stay in the dark as others find out. But I'm staying hopeful as best as I can!!! ?

Ah. I can understand the anxiety, this thread is probably not helping then. I know for myself I applied in Earlyyyyyyyyyyyyy Nov for alot of the programs, so it makes sense why I've heard back. I am sure everyone will know their decisions by Mid Feb for the Majority. I remember you have great stats, so you really are pretty much set! Just waiting is the WORST....................

3 minutes ago, frootloop said:

Ah I just checked my CU portal and for a while it's had everything as received but now it has a red X saying that it's awaiting a final transcript from my university. Does anyone know if this means anything?

MINE SAID THAT WHEN I GOT IN!!!!!

When they accept you into the program - they ask for the final transcript!

Edited by Zayah