MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

3 hours ago, NicoleDes said:

I got an email from BU once my application was complete saying that I would be notified of my decision by the end of February. 

I was notified the same way/same info- by end of Feb ?

1 minute ago, Large Iced Coffee said:

I was notified the same way/same info- by end of Feb ?

did you apply for Dec or Jan 10 deadline? I'll probably just give them a call to double check they have everything

35 minutes ago, amb22 said:

I got invited to interview with UPenn!!! Does this mean I kinda got in lol?

Did you call them to schedule? Ive heard that you get an interview as long as you meet their basic requirements, so I guess we have a chance? Mine is scheduled in late February, and Im already so nervous lol  

Edited by msw2020waiting

Just now, msw2020waiting said:

Did you call them to schedule? Ive heard that if you get an interview as long as you meet their basic requirements, so I guess we have a chance? Mine is scheduled in late February, and Im already so nervous lol  

I literally just got the email. Gonna call shortly and schedule it!

3 minutes ago, Polcc said:

did you apply for Dec or Jan 10 deadline? I'll probably just give them a call to double check they have everything

For BU I applied priority, which was Jan 10! 

Just heard from BU, they said guaranteed by the end of February but typically they are able to send them out closer to the middle of February! Only a few more weeks then ?

I am crossing my fingers and toes that I hear back from CU today (I was told that my app was in final stages of review and that I would hear back soon on Monday, and saw that others heard yesterday), but I'm on the west coast and need to stay focused at work until 5 PM aka 8 EST...AH to check or not to check at 5 EST?!!

1 minute ago, Large Iced Coffee said:

Blargh it just says complete. What does yours say? 

it says complete too. did you apply for advanced standing? curious if those decisions would come out at a different time 

2 hours ago, Mmgaf said:

Same here—the grad loans are the same ones we can be approved for at any school though correct? They just chose to include it in their aid package where some schools only initially tell you scholarship amounts? 

Unfortunately their scholarship was lower than what I’ve been offered at Penn so no bargaining chip for me ?

Yes- those loans are universal across grad school. And in my case, if I am going to utilize them, might as well go to my dream school! Yes, other schools typically offer a scholarship amount separately from loans.

Awe. Was Penn Generous, I haven't seen many post about their scholarships amount. Also, I kind of went into the mindset that I wouldn't get any scholarship funding for grad school, so anything offered is great!

1 hour ago, Polcc said:

it says complete too. did you apply for advanced standing? curious if those decisions would come out at a different time 

Hey! Nope, I just applied regular

Has anyone spoken with Berkeley regarding when admissions decisions will be released?  Their website says Mar 15, and that’s after the response deadline for other schools. 

Also has anyone heard from Cal State schools?

Edited by Mindfu1ness
Additional question

3 minutes ago, Mindfu1ness said:

Has anyone spoken with Berkeley regarding when admissions decisions will be released?  Their website says Mar 15, and that’s after the response deadline for other schools. 

Also has anyone heard from Cal State schools?

I talked to Berkeley a few weeks ago and they said they would be released by February 22nd or so. 

6 minutes ago, Mindfu1ness said:

Thanks so much for replying!  I’m happy to hear they’ll begin releasing decisions before Mar!  

I would suggest calling them and asking too! They are really nice on the phone and the date may vary depending on when you applied. I applied late November.