MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

43 minutes ago, sw2020 said:

Welcome! Im new too :)

Congrats on your acceptance! I got accepted today as well but I didn't see any scholarships and was wondering if you got any? I was also considering to call tomorrow and extend as well because its way too soon. 

I'm new too, and got my USC advanced standing acceptance today! Congrats on y'alls acceptances too! I didn't see any scholarship info either, so you're not alone in that. Did you apply for advanced standing or the two/three year program? 

3 minutes ago, ASMSW20 said:

I'm new too, and got my USC advanced standing acceptance today! Congrats on y'alls acceptances too! I didn't see any scholarship info either, so you're not alone in that. Did you apply for advanced standing or the two/three year program? 

That's awesome! Congrats to you as well!! I read on previous forums that they received scholarship notifications a day or two later. Hopefully they reach out otherwise I'll give a call. Their program is my top, but its also the most expensive option so scholarships are a definite need lol. I applied for the 2 year program in the children, youth, and families concentration

18 minutes ago, ASMSW20 said:

oooh congrats! I applied for the two year program! 

11 minutes ago, DMSW20 said:

That's awesome! Congrats to you as well!! I read on previous forums that they received scholarship notifications a day or two later. Hopefully they reach out otherwise I'll give a call. Their program is my top, but its also the most expensive option so scholarships are a definite need lol. I applied for the 2 year program in the children, youth, and families concentration

Yes, 100p scholarships are a necessity to make it affordable ?I also applied for the children, youth, and families concentration, so we will have to compare notes if we both end up there! 

16 hours ago, Large Iced Coffee said:

Did anybody here from CU today? I want to check but I'm at work so I need to wait otherwise I'll freak...lol

Just got another scholarship email from CU- AGH. Today better be the day...

Hello! Those who have heard back from Columbia, how long after the "your application is complete" email did you actually hear back? I'm getting so anxious to hear back esp. because I don't want to miss any external scholarship deadlines. 

24 minutes ago, Mrhopeful said:

When I look at the application online it just says submitted. I check it about 5 times a day wondering will it ever be updated. Did anyone apply for the online MSW AT CU? I’ve also called and have had no response. 

I applied for the Online MSW at CU by the priority deadline. I still haven’t heard anything. *fingers crossed*

(I’m also waiting to hear from UC Berkeley, Cal State East Bay, and San Francisco State University.)

Edited by fooliejulie

4 minutes ago, fooliejulie said:

I applied for the Online MSW at CU by the priority deadline. I still haven’t heard anything. *fingers crossed*

Okay. (Wipes forehead) I’ve got hope for the all of us. Congratulations to all of us in advance!!! 

Edited by Mrhopeful

2 hours ago, fooliejulie said:

(I’m also waiting to hear from UC Berkeley, Cal State East Bay, and San Francisco State University.)

Waiting to hear back from UC Berkeley as well! 

3 hours ago, Mrhopeful said:

Okay. (Wipes forehead) I’ve got hope for the all of us. Congratulations to all of us in advance!!! 

We've got this guys. I have a work meeting at 2 PM that I have to present during- I have NO idea how I am going to focus/not puke during....

Just now, Large Iced Coffee said:

We've got this guys. I have a work meeting at 2 PM that I have to present during- I have NO idea how I am going to focus/not puke during....

(PST- I'm on Cali time.) 

So, I just got off the phone with CU admissions. They said that they couldn't tell me anything specific regarding my application (they didn't even ask my name or reference number). However, they said that they're still reviewing a decent amount of applications and that anyone who applied by the December 1st deadline should be hearing back within the next 2 weeks. She said that she didn't have any other information.

edit: for anyone who spoke to admissions and got an answer regarding the timeline that was specific to your own application, what number did you call?

Edited by NicoleDes

7 minutes ago, NicoleDes said:

So, I just got off the phone with CU admissions. They said that they couldn't tell me anything specific regarding my application (they didn't even ask my name or reference number). However, they said that they're still reviewing a decent amount of applications and that anyone who applied by the December 1st deadline should be hearing back within the next 2 weeks. She said that she didn't have any other information.

edit: for anyone who spoke to admissions and got an answer regarding the timeline that was specific to your own application, what number did you call?

I called 212-851-2400 and the person who I spoke to was very nice. I told them my name which maybe helps? She told me my app was in the final stages of review and i should be hearing back very soon (lol still waiting). 

4 minutes ago, Large Iced Coffee said:

I called 212-851-2400 and the person who I spoke to was very nice. I told them my name which maybe helps? She told me my app was in the final stages of review and i should be hearing back very soon (lol still waiting). 

I called Monday- forgot to mention that! 

3 minutes ago, Large Iced Coffee said:

That’s so weird. I called the same number and asked if I could give her my name or reference number and she said that she wouldn’t be able to give me information. She was really nice as well though. Maybe I should’ve just said my name to begin with.