MSW Applications Fall 2020

IvySWCu

17 hours ago, Zayah said:

Yes- those loans are universal across grad school. And in my case, if I am going to utilize them, might as well go to my dream school! Yes, other schools typically offer a scholarship amount separately from loans.

Awe. Was Penn Generous, I haven't seen many post about their scholarships amount. Also, I kind of went into the mindset that I wouldn't get any scholarship funding for grad school, so anything offered is great!

Yes Penn gave me around 30k, I’m not entirely sure if that’s high or normal for them. I’d be doing a dual degree in social policy there though, so 2.5 years becomes ridiculously expensive since it’s two degrees 

When I called UPenn yesterday, they told me that the earliest available session was already at the end of Feb. Maybe this is because I am an international student? I have heard that my interviewer has interviewed a lot of international students before, so maybe mine was scheduled depending on her availability?

Edited by msw2020waiting

3 hours ago, msw2020waiting said:

They finally contacted you!! Are you going to do the interview in person or through zoom?

Mine is through Zoom, since I'm in Kansas. Mines on Feb 13. It may be because of the international aspect. Not sure. 

I wonder if some of it deals with who they think you'd fit well with, based on interest or what have it. 

Edited by madisonc7

6 minutes ago, Large Iced Coffee said:

Did anybody here from CU today? I want to check but I'm at work so I need to wait otherwise I'll freak...lol

Nothing as far as I know. My portal is the same. 

50 minutes ago, madisonc7 said:

Nothing as far as I know. My portal is the same. 

You got this. TOMORROW! 

Email the same and portal the same for me too...if I don't hear by tomorrow I may explode it's already taking years off of my life lol 

46 minutes ago, sw2020 said:

Hi!

Did anyone apply to USC?

Hi, I'm new to the forum! I actually just received my acceptance email to USC. I applied on 11/18. The letter reads that I have up until Feb 13 to make decision, but I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I canextend. No changes have been made to my status in the admissions portal. Super excited, but I'm still waiting to hear back from UC schools before deciding!

Welcome! Im new too :)

Congrats on your acceptance! I got accepted today as well but I didn't see any scholarships and was wondering if you got any? I was also considering to call tomorrow and extend as well because its way too soon.