2020 Application Thread for Communications Program

18 hours ago, PepeTheStrange said:

Got the acceptance letter from UNC-Chapel Hill. No word on funding yet.

Awesome!! Congratulations. Was this an email or a letter in the mail? I applied to UNC, too, and am hoping to hear something soon. Also, do you still have to go to campus for an interview in February? The email I got in December said they would hold on-campus interviews Feb. 13 and 14.

Thank you for sharing!

5 hours ago, peacecomm said:

Awesome!! Congratulations. Was this an email or a letter in the mail? I applied to UNC, too, and am hoping to hear something soon. Also, do you still have to go to campus for an interview in February? The email I got in December said they would hold on-campus interviews Feb. 13 and 14.

Thank you for sharing!

Thanks! I received an e-mail acceptance. I didn't get anything regarding on-campus interviews, but that can probably be explained because...

5 hours ago, sea382 said:

Congratulations!!! Just to clarify, did you apply for the Communication program or the Media and Communication program? 

...I should have been more specific. I applied to the Communication program, not the Media and Communication program in the Hussman school. Sea382, what program did you apply for at USF? (and thanks!) 

Edited by PepeTheStrange

1 hour ago, PepeTheStrange said:

Thanks! I received an e-mail acceptance. I didn't get anything regarding on-campus interviews, but that can probably be explained because...

...I should have been more specific. I applied to the Communication program, not the Media and Communication program in the Hussman school. Sea382, what program did you apply for at USF? (and thanks!) 

I just received an interview request for the Media and Communication program at UNC!

4 hours ago, PepeTheStrange said:

Thanks for clarifying! Just got my interview invitation email for the media and communication program! 

I applied for the communication doctoral program at USF. Are you also applying there? 

Has anyone heard from Penn State (Mass Comm)? At least some of us should've received open house invitations last week according to the result board. 

On 1/10/2020 at 4:46 PM, blueberrymuffin said:

Has anyone heard anything yet from UPenn, Cornell, or Stanford?

Nothing from Cornell yet.

4 hours ago, ffayo104 said:

Has anyone heard from Penn State (Mass Comm)? At least some of us should've received open house invitations last week according to the result board. 

Nothing from Cornell yet.

I heard from Penn State (Mass Comm) over the weekend and then received an email with more info just today. Invited to their open house/interview days in February. 

On 1/10/2020 at 5:27 PM, karenmill said:

I just received an interview request for the Media and Communication program at UNC!

Congrats!

On 1/10/2020 at 8:41 PM, sea382 said:

Thanks for clarifying! Just got my interview invitation email for the media and communication program! 

I applied for the communication doctoral program at USF. Are you also applying there? 

Nice!

I'm not applying at USF - I was in the program for my MA and still keep in touch with people there. It's a solid choice that I think surprises people a bit when they visit (more than "solid" depending on your interests).

1 hour ago, sea382 said:

I heard from Penn State (Mass Comm) over the weekend and then received an email with more info just today. Invited to their open house/interview days in February. 

Thanks... guess that means I will get a refusal. 

12 hours ago, PepeTheStrange said:

Congrats!

Nice!

I'm not applying at USF - I was in the program for my MA and still keep in touch with people there. It's a solid choice that I think surprises people a bit when they visit (more than "solid" depending on your interests).

That's great to hear about USF. I know a couple people down there and have heard good things about the program! 

28 minutes ago, peacecomm said:

I haven't heard from USC or Cornell (saw a couple folks above asking). Did get an interview request from UNC Chapel Hill that I'm planning to attend. Definitely starting to feel antsy! 

I feel the same way ? I looked at the old forums and can't figure out when those two schools would traditionally have emailed the students...

1 hour ago, blueberrymuffin said:

I feel the same way ? I looked at the old forums and can't figure out when those two schools would traditionally have emailed the students...

There's one report on the result board about interview request on Jan 19, 2018, so I figure we should wait a couple days and see. 

On 1/10/2020 at 4:43 AM, PepeTheStrange said:

Got the acceptance letter from UNC-Chapel Hill. No word on funding yet.

Maybe you could write an email to ask about the funding and fellowship. Anyway, big congrats!