2020 Application Thread for Communications Program

On 1/27/2020 at 6:35 PM, goldenxpenguins said:

For the person who posted on the results page that they got an interview invite for UMich for their Communication program, is this for their Comm and Media program? If so, could you please DM me your POI? Thanks and congrats! 

UMich Communication and Media does not interview. They send out acceptances with invitations to their Welcome Weekend. Last year they went out February 8th.

9 minutes ago, Psyhopeful said:

UMich Communication and Media does not interview. They send out acceptances with invitations to their Welcome Weekend. Last year they went out February 8th.

Thanks for the info! The person was actually referring to having an informal chat with their POI. I figured this was the case since I know the program doesn't do formal interviews, but I wanted to be sure. 

Edited by goldenxpenguins

Got my first rejection letter from UIUC. If anyone here has applied there, I imagine you'll be hearing something soon. Now just waiting for Mizzou and Purdue.

On 2/7/2020 at 4:37 AM, anniethepotat0 said:

I'm also still waiting on USC but at this point I think it'll be a rejection yikes.. I don't have a masters degree 

I wouldn't lose hope, since it doesn't seem like anyone's heard from USC yet... I'm hoping they're just running late this year, as there seems to be no evidence of anyone getting accepted/rejected/anything! 

I got accepted to USC Communication PhD (noticed via email to check the portal) but my acceptance letter doesn't mention anything about funding. The USC Comm program website says that all admitted students will receive full funding. I'm confused since someone on the result board reported that he/she was notified through email with 5years of funding. Is anyone else in the same situation with me?

6 hours ago, gogo2020 said:

I got accepted to USC Communication PhD (noticed via email to check the portal) but my acceptance letter doesn't mention anything about funding. The USC Comm program website says that all admitted students will receive full funding. I'm confused since someone on the result board reported that he/she was notified through email with 5years of funding. Is anyone else in the same situation with me?

Congrats! I also got my decision letter via the portal yesterday. There's only one letter which says I'm admitted with no funding details. Are you an international student like me as well? Cause the person who reported with funding detail is a local student (Don't know if that makes any differences haha)

1 hour ago, gradlurker said:

Congrats! I also got my decision letter via the portal yesterday. There's only one letter which says I'm admitted with no funding details. Are you an international student like me as well? Cause the person who reported with funding detail is a local student (Don't know if that makes any differences haha)

Congrats to you too! Yes I am an international student. Maybe that's the reason?

Also does anyone know when the USC Visiting day is?

8 hours ago, gradlurker said:

7 hours ago, gogo2020 said:

Congrats to you too! Yes I am an international student. Maybe that's the reason?

Also does anyone know when the USC Visiting day is?

Congrats!! USC is a very diffcult school to get into - enjoy Annenberg !!!?

2 hours ago, Collatinus said:

Previous release dates have been between the 8th and the 16th, and there are always a lot of them, so we're probably close to a big release day.

Thank you! Noticed that acceptances were sent out earlier (usually on 8th) than rejections. Finger crossed! 

6 hours ago, devilinthedistrict said:

Hi all

Just discovered this thread. Applied to 3 programs: Rejection from UNC (Hussman School), admitted with full funding at UMD and UC-Boulder.  

Congratulations! Which program at Boulder?