2020 Application Thread for Communications Program

On 1/29/2020 at 7:35 AM, DuhGoobz said:

Hello all. Decided to jump in on this thread. First round of applying to PhD programs. I've applied to the following schools, and in general, all are media and technology oriented communication tracks.

1. BGSU

2. Purdue

3. University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

4. Mizzou

So far, I have been accepted at BGSU, but have not heard anything about funding yet. I will check back in if I see any further results. Congrats to all who have received any type of acceptance, and a big good luck to those still waiting around anxiously.

FWIW I heard from Mizzou early February, but that was two years ago. I'd operate based on what people are saying this year, but if they're at all consistent it's likely coming soon. Hang in :)

Re. Penn - heard from a current PhD that their admissions committee meeting is today and that we'll probably hear early next week

Just had a NYU MCC interview today and was told we'd hear in a week or two, they're interviewing 12 for 6 spots this year

Edited by imapostersyndrome

4 hours ago, gogo2020 said:

Hi, can I ask if you're an international student?

Also apply to MTS, but haven't received any interview invitation yet. So worried. ?

Edited by JIAYU SUN

just heard back from Penn, rejected, congrats to those who got in. 

Updates on my applications (health com):

- UT Austin ( admit, 1/27 ish)

- Temple (interview with POI, admit through mail last week, waiting for funding)

- OSU, Cornell, Harvard, Upenn (rejected)

- MSU (not heard back yet)

Will go with Temple to stay with family, good luck to you all)

On 2/12/2020 at 12:42 PM, cinderellacomplex said:

FWIW I heard from Mizzou early February, but that was two years ago. I'd operate based on what people are saying this year, but if they're at all consistent it's likely coming soon. Hang in :)

On 2/12/2020 at 2:22 PM, Collatinus said:

@DuhGoobzI also just heard from their J-School, so you're probably coming up soon.

I have enough to do in this last semester of my MA that I'm just trying to keep myself busy so I don't have time to worry about applications haha. No word yet, hopefully soon!

Hey everyone! Has anyone heard from UCSD Communications? There's one acceptance on the board from February 1, but nothing besides that. In past years, they seem to have sent out rejections and acceptances within a day of each other, so I'm pretty confused...emailed the admission committee contact on Feb 5 and she said all decisions will be made "within the next few weeks." Portal still says "submitted."

My partner got into the Ethnic Studies PhD there and so far we haven't gotten into anywhere in the same location, so I'm mildly freaking out. If they reject, please just do it soon!!!!

Best of luck to everyone, and congrats on your admittances.