2020 Application Thread for Communications Program

Anyone else disappointed that OSU cancelled their visitation days? I'd be curious to talk with other prospective students about thoughts on the program, so if this is you, let me know and we can start a message. Thanks!

8 hours ago, sea382 said:

Anyone else disappointed that OSU cancelled their visitation days? I'd be curious to talk with other prospective students about thoughts on the program, so if this is you, let me know and we can start a message. Thanks!

I'm surprised they aren't holding some kind of virtual meeting with faculty. Maybe something to ask their DGS?

7 hours ago, PepeTheStrange said:

I'm surprised they aren't holding some kind of virtual meeting with faculty. Maybe something to ask their DGS?

I should have clarified. They will be holding virtual meetings, I just don’t feel like that really gives a strong feel for the department culture/vibe which is usually what these visits are so helpful at offering. 

Hi everyone who got admission from University of South Carolina? My POI just tell me that I'm on the top of waiting list, so I'd be really really grateful if someone decide not to go and decline the offer asap, because I really like the POI's research. 

• 9 months later...
On 12/9/2019 at 2:15 PM, sea382 said:

Oh wow, good to know! Thanks for sharing that. I was shocked to see a decision so early. Best of luck to you as well!!! As far as my background, I graduated in 2018 with my MA from Purdue in communication. Since graduating, I've been working at a media-related nonprofit. My thesis research was a content analysis of television sitcoms from 1950-2009 looking for paternal social support given to children. I'm interested in the intersection of family and entertainment media, so I was really excited by the number of faculty at OSU studying similar areas. What's your area of interest?

As someone who just came to Purdue for their PhD in 2018, I wonder if we bumped into one another!  Awesome luck at your new gig.