Berkeley GSPP MPP 2020

shrishti

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Anathema said:

I read on the HKS thread that someone received an acceptance letter. Has anyone else received one as well? 

I don’t really believe that person received an acceptance earlier than expected... I could be wrong, though. 

Edited by HelloItsMe

22 hours ago, Anathema said:

I read on the HKS thread that someone received an acceptance letter. Has anyone else received one as well? 

Saw the same post but I am pretty sure Goldman's (or Berkeley's) policy is to release all decisions at the same time. He may be referring to the PhD is my guess.

23 hours ago, HelloItsMe said:

I don’t really believe that person received an acceptance earlier than expected... I could be wrong, though. 

I asked, apparently they received an acceptance for MPA not MPP. 

Edited by Anathema

Hi all!

I'm a current Goldman MPP student as well as one of the volunteers to call new admits. We were told we'd be receiving the call lists "the week of March 7th" but haven't as of this time. If you weren't aware already, Berkeley's campus just shut down due to the COVID virus and all classes have been moved to 100% online instruction. I'm almost certain this is causing a bit of backlog with admissions notifications. That being said, I'd be surprised if the notifications weren't coming out this week. 

Fingers crossed that good news will be coming to you all soon! 

P.S. No worries if you don't get a call. When I was accepted (right away, not off the waitlist) I only got an email/change to my student portal. Same with other members of my cohort for no clear reason. 

26 minutes ago, darkroastgopher said:

Hi all!

I'm a current Goldman MPP student as well as one of the volunteers to call new admits. We were told we'd be receiving the call lists "the week of March 7th" but haven't as of this time. If you weren't aware already, Berkeley's campus just shut down due to the COVID virus and all classes have been moved to 100% online instruction. I'm almost certain this is causing a bit of backlog with admissions notifications. That being said, I'd be surprised if the notifications weren't coming out this week. 

P.S. No worries if you don't get a call. When I was accepted (right away, not off the waitlist) I only got an email/change to my student portal. Same with other members of my cohort for no clear reason. 

Whoa, thanks for the peek behind the curtain. (I didn't know that any admits got calls, thought it was exclusively email/portal change.) I also wouldn't be surprised if COVID-19 has impacted the admissions process, but I hope we don't have to wait much longer! 

Edited by WhoaThereWombat

14 hours ago, darkroastgopher said:

Hi all!

Thanks for the info! I was expected to hear from the admissions office last week, but assume that with all that's going on it could take a bit longer. 

10 minutes ago, ludile_gia said:

Results are out through email!

Is your result also on the website? Still haven’t received/found anything.

I received my rejection letter by email. Best of luck to everyone still waiting and congratulations to all who received acceptances! 

4 minutes ago, alli707 said:

I received my rejection letter by email. Best of luck to everyone still waiting and congratulations to all who received acceptances! 

Sorry to hear, but huge congrats on your Evans MPA admission! Thanks for the kind words.

Just now, bijinkei said:

Just got accepted via email!! No funding, but in-state tuition makes this the most affordable option for me.

Didn't receive a fellowship either, but the in-state tuition is unbeatable.