Hunter Silberman School Fall 2020 MSW

MSWFall2020

Hi! I’ve just checked my Application status and it says, pending interview. From reading previous posts, I understand it’ll take a few days for the admissions team to contact me about the date and time. For those who have had there interview online, was the interview process one on one or still in a group? 
Does anyone have any words of advise for the interview? 

thank you! 

Hi all, 

So I initially applied to the 2-year track at the end of 2019, and my application was officially complete in January 2020. It was not until someone from admissions contacted me early March 2020 and advised me to switch over to the OYR program since I do not plan on leaving my job (currently a case worker). I sent in the necessary documents: rec. letter from my director & AEA form the week after that call. I was interviewed, online, on April 7th, 2020 and have not heard back yet.

As far as the interview goes, it was a group interview with about 8 other people & the actual interview was not as bad compared to the writing sample after (long reading / short amount of time). I advise to prep. at least the day before the interview: it certainly helped me stay focused. Overall, I think I did fine but i'm doubting myself because although I have accumulated volunteer experience in the past, I do have less than a year working full-time as a case worker.. i'm afraid this might hinder my chances of getting in. 

*** Has anyone applied to the OYR program with less than 2 years of experience? ***

Edited by NYNY

Hey guys!

So I just got accepted! My application was submitted on 1/31/20 and completed it 2/28/20. My application status was listed "submitted" for so long until I checked today and it said "final decision." I then scrolled down and saw that there is a link for me to click on to see the decision. I'm super grateful to have gotten accepted without an interview!

Congratulations to all those who have been accepted!

I submitted my application on 2/1/20 and have not heard back yet.  The wait is quite frustrating especially given that I've already received acceptance letters to other programs.  

Hi! 

Has anyone applied to the MSW/MSed dual degree program with bank street? I was accepted to bank street in February and have been  waiting for an interview with Hunter, but haven't heard anything from them. 

On 4/8/2020 at 12:45 PM, FMF2020 said:

Anyone else still waiting to hear and want to commiserate with me? :)

My application portal was updated with "Pending Interview" 2 days ago but I still haven't received any information about next steps.

Meanwhile, decision deadlines for other schools are looming next week. Pretty frustrating...

Still no word. Going on two weeks now since my application status changed to 'pending interview'. I'm pretty frustrated. I know it's a tough time for everyone, but other schools I applied to have managed to send out periodic updates. Why is it so hard for Hunter to get it together?

Has anyone heard any news about interviews?

2 hours ago, FMF2020 said:

Still no word. Going on two weeks now since my application status changed to 'pending interview'. I'm pretty frustrated. I know it's a tough time for everyone, but other schools I applied to have managed to send out periodic updates. Why is it so hard for Hunter to get it together?

Has anyone heard any news about interviews?

My application was randomly updated to 'pending interview' at some point in the last few weeks. I never received an email with this update and still haven't. 

My application was submitted on 2/19/20, completed 3/20/20. I realize I submitted a bit later compared to others, is anyone in a similar boat? If so, any word yet? Trying my best to be patient...

Also, does anyone know if the school has made decisions regarding classes being online or in person? I'm sure it's too soon to tell but I figured I'd ask.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by btvpunk
Additional question

4 hours ago, Gafilta Fish said:

As far as acceptance, how is it indicated on the status page? 

For me, it said “final decision” and then there was a link at the bottom saying “your application decision is now available.” When you click on it, you’d have access to the decision letter. 

On 4/16/2020 at 1:08 PM, bragierrnot said:

My application was randomly updated to 'pending interview' at some point in the last few weeks. I never received an email with this update and still haven't. 

Hi I can confirm that my portal said "pending interview" for WEEKS as well. I also have not received an email about it nor has the school contacted me for an interview. Idk what to think. Are they even going to reach out? They must be lagging a lot rn due to everything going on. 

hi! i applied in january and was convinced i didn’t get in then got an email for a group interview. i had the group interview on zoom Thursday and have not heard anything yet. has anyone else interviewed and heard back?? good luck everyone!

I am wondering if anyone was in the group interview last Tuesday and has heard? Reading this thread is making me a bit nervous, as it seems like most were accepted right after their interview. Did anyone get accepted after waiting for over a week? I think the interview went well. It was over zoom and we had a group of 9. I sent out a thank you email right after the interview but have not heard yet. 

On 4/20/2020 at 4:54 PM, khnyc said:

I got my acceptance letter today! Is anyone else still on the fence about whether or not they are going to attend fall 2020?

I think it will really depend on how they will be able to handle field placements. I worry that it will be hard to established a trusting client relationships in a virtual setting- but this is the world we are entering- I suppose it may be beneficial to become equip with the tools now. It will be a really interesting time to be a social worker- dealing with the collective trauma of the pandemic.

46 minutes ago, coolgurl22 said:

Is anyone still waiting for an admissions decision?

Yep, still waiting ?The suspense is killing me!! I got my acceptance from Columbia on 4/9 and need to give them my decision by 5/10. I hope Hunter gets back to me before then, as they are my top choice. I'm considering sending an email to admissions but don't want to be a bother. 

When did you submit your application?

28 minutes ago, btvpunk said:

Yep, still waiting ?The suspense is killing me!! I got my acceptance from Columbia on 4/9 and need to give them my decision by 5/10. I hope Hunter gets back to me before then, as they are my top choice. I'm considering sending an email to admissions but don't want to be a bother. 

When did you submit your application?

I submitted on the deadline 2/1 but was complete until 3/1 when all my recs came through. My status was changed to pending interview on 4/15 and received an email to schedule that same day. They gave me 3 options- the first was that following day. I selected 4/20. It went well. There were 9 of us interviewing for 90 minutes an then had about 30 min to compete the article/ writing. I did reach out to check in. I wanted to know if my status would change from pending to interview to pending decision. They said it would not- that it would say pending interview until a decision was posted. I was told that could take 2-3 weeks. However, I see some have heard much sooner than that. Fingers crossed and good luck!