Harvard Ed.L.D 2020

Javi9

I know they don't send them out in a blast, but do you think it's alphabetical? Im desperate to move on, and my last name starts with an A so.... those who got interviews, are your last names pretty high up the alphabet? (I'm desperate....sorry)

20 minutes ago, ImJuju said:

I know they don't send them out in a blast, but do you think it's alphabetical? Im desperate to move on, and my last name starts with an A so.... those who got interviews, are your last names pretty high up the alphabet? (I'm desperate....sorry)

Doubt it's alphabetical mate. Seems like they would have an order of priority and then they'll make their way down based on acceptances and all until they have 50. Might take until tomorrow. Whatever happens happens. 

56 minutes ago, TobyMoreLand said:

Doubt it's alphabetical mate. Seems like they would have an order of priority and then they'll make their way down based on acceptances and all until they have 50. Might take until tomorrow. Whatever happens happens. 

Figured... not even waiting until tomorrow. Based on other forums from past yrs, the invites went out on Thursdays and by Friday, admissions confirmed they were all sent. Moving on now. 

13 hours ago, Javi9 said:

So.. do we know you definitely need an interview for acceptance? Do people bypass it? Just curious

I asked this question on my one-on-one call, you need an interview. Hopefully....we hear something today...

9 minutes ago, TobyMoreLand said:

Don't see any reason not to wait until 5p today, and don't see any reason to wait any beyond then. 

For the past several years, they notify on Thursdays. My best friend's sister is in the program now, she's confirmed the same thing. Her and cohort mates knew on Thursday, and certainly not the week after. HGSE is usually transparent. They'll let you know bluntly if all the invites have gone out, like they have in previous years (usually the Friday right after.) It doesn't take long to notify 50 candidates when you have a large admissions team like HGSE does. 

7 hours ago, edhopeful2020 said:

For the past several years, they notify on Thursdays. My best friend's sister is in the program now, she's confirmed the same thing. Her and cohort mates knew on Thursday, and certainly not the week after. HGSE is usually transparent. They'll let you know bluntly if all the invites have gone out, like they have in previous years (usually the Friday right after.) It doesn't take long to notify 50 candidates when you have a large admissions team like HGSE does. 

Spent the last few hours re-reading threads on here and I agree w/ you. Today was the last day to know.  Guess we have to wait until March to see that rejection letter.... great for my mental health. I seriously can't take it. #death.

22 minutes ago, ImJuju said:

Spent the last few hours re-reading threads on here and I agree w/ you. Today was the last day to know.  Guess we have to wait until March to see that rejection letter.... great for my mental health. I seriously can't take it. #death.

Hey @ImJuju, Please DM me if you'd like to chat. (Anyone for that matter, my DM's are open.) 

9 hours ago, Freedom93 said:

Hey @ImJuju, Please DM me if you'd like to chat. (Anyone for that matter, my DM's are open.) 

Appreciate it. I’ll take you up on it when I’m thinking straight. This is really getting to me I’m sick to my stomach can’t eat can’t sleep. My mind is not sane right now 

I really worked hard for this moment and I really believe I fit this program perfectly. I swear they do not know what they’re missing. this was the only time I think I could really apply and uproot myself to a new city. I needed this now.  Life goals just shattered. I hate everything.