Harvard Ed.L.D 2020

Javi9

8 hours ago, ImJuju said:

Appreciate it. I’ll take you up on it when I’m thinking straight. This is really getting to me I’m sick to my stomach can’t eat can’t sleep. My mind is not sane right now 

I really worked hard for this moment and I really believe I fit this program perfectly. I swear they do not know what they’re missing. this was the only time I think I could really apply and uproot myself to a new city. I needed this now.  Life goals just shattered. I hate everything. 

@ImJuju You got a lotta good left to give mate—I believe they don’t know what they’re missing.

Let it sting this weekend then get back to it on Monday. ?????? Other opportunities will open themselves up when the time is right as long as you’re open to them. There’s too much work to do for kids in this fight. 

18 hours ago, TobyMoreLand said:

@ImJuju You got a lotta good left to give mate—I believe they don’t know what they’re missing.

Let it sting this weekend then get back to it on Monday. ?????? Other opportunities will open themselves up when the time is right as long as you’re open to them. There’s too much work to do for kids in this fight. 

Thank you so much @TobyMoreLand. I’ll get myself back to normal soon. I just need to see the rejection letter and I’ll be back to my normal self and carry on.

Edited by ImJuju

They emailed me late Friday afternoon (~4:30pm) w verbatim the same boilerplate response shown above in am earlier post:  “We have begun the process... an invite or lack thereof is not a decision...etc.”  

as they would likely say if all invites went out, I’m reading that as a reason to still check periodically. 

1 hour ago, ImJuju said:

Has anyone heard anything? or called to confirm if all interviews went out? (Before I call them crying)

Have not heard back. In case anyone needs to feel better about this situation, here is my story:

I found out today, that I made a mistake on my resume, so I emailed them to clear it up (I got the month on one of my start dates wrong, so I need to clear that up, as an alum.) - 1st strike.

I emailed admissions, just to clear it up.  I had 2 typos in said email. - 2nd strike. 

So, I emailed a correction of THAT email, with a new typo. - 3rd strike. 

I couldn't feel my body, I cried a little, hyperventilated a tad at my desk, went to the bathroom to panic in privacy, then decided to take some of the morning off to get myself together. ?

Happy Monday. ???

(and don't email admissions if you're feeling nervous... )

Edited by Freedom93

14 minutes ago, Freedom93 said:

Have not heard back. In case anyone needs to feel better about this situation, here is my story:

I found out today, that I made a mistake on my resume, so I emailed them to clear it up (I got the month on one of my start dates wrong, so I need to clear that up, as an alum.) - 1st strike.

I emailed admissions, just to clear it up.  I had 2 typos in said email. - 2nd strike. 

So, I emailed a correction of THAT email, with a new typo. - 3rd strike. 

Can't feel my body, cried a little, hyperventilated at my desk, went to the bathroom to panic in privacy, then decided to take the morning off to get myself together. 

Happy Monday. ???

(and don't email admissions if you're feeling nervous... )

I'm so sorry your Monday isn't starting great. You did the right thing by emailing them in the first place. It shows integrity. Sending you positive dust! ?‍♀️

I always heard interviews are a must, but a few yrs ago someone on here claimed they were admitted w/o an interview. Not sure if that's true and I never heard beyond that. I've spoken to a lot of the students now, they all had interviews. I can't get a clear answer from admissions. They have not responded to any of my emails, but I 100% believe all interview invites have gone out and they've shortlisted who they want.

I'm trying not to feel too bad. Basically EDLD. is a program that continuously changes (notice how they change the description of the program every year?!) that's because their major donors change. If you didn't previously work for a major donor (more than half of the students I've met were TFA alums) weren't an EDM alum in the EPM program (heads of EPM direct the EDLD program), or didn't have future ambitions to become a superintendent, then it's safe to say it is impossible to get in. I've met so many students in the program and they all sound the same. Not as diverse you think, all want to work in public school districts or become stand alone consultants. 

They don't know what they're looking for and it's impossible to know what they want in a cohort in any given year. Oh well.

54 minutes ago, edhopeful2020 said:

I always heard interviews are a must, but a few yrs ago someone on here claimed they were admitted w/o an interview. Not sure if that's true and I never heard beyond that. I've spoken to a lot of the students now, they all had interviews. I can't get a clear answer from admissions. They have not responded to any of my emails, but I 100% believe all interview invites have gone out and they've shortlisted who they want.

I'm trying not to feel too bad. Basically EDLD. is a program that continuously changes (notice how they change the description of the program every year?!) that's because their major donors change. If you didn't previously work for a major donor (more than half of the students I've met were TFA alums) weren't an EDM alum in the EPM program (heads of EPM direct the EDLD program), or didn't have future ambitions to become a superintendent, then it's safe to say it is impossible to get in. I've met so many students in the program and they all sound the same. Not as diverse you think, all want to work in public school districts or become stand alone consultants. 

They don't know what they're looking for and it's impossible to know what they want in a cohort in any given year. Oh well.

I heard the same thing about the donor part from a CURRENT student too!!!!!!! She also said everyone there is very similar and she is having trouble connecting with people, since she has a different focus than most. Everyone talks about wanting to be a  superintendent and if they didn't have that idea coming in, it gets shoved down your throat and to basically not be too outside the box.  I didn't take what she said very seriously, but thinking about it now and looking at LinkedIn profiles of students, i can see it. Maybe this was a blessing. I don't know.

Anyways, I hope HGSE knows that transparency goes a very long way. Especially for this program.  Just tell us it's over, and we're not being considered. This whole process has hindered my mental health... I have expected more from HGSE.  

From what I know from the community and the HGSE website, the answer is most likely yes. Interviews are needed to be admitted. 

I also saw that they added more information on the program description. I wish they did it before the deadline, I believe I would have had a stronger application and could have highlighted so much more of my relationships and work with public school districts and philanthropic foundations! I wish I could have a do-over or convince them to interview me! Haha! But such is life.  I can't help but feel a little gutted (ok. a lot ?) and robbed, but this program is very difficult to get into.  Like what was said above, we have a lot left to give! We are so awesome for applying, and I have no doubt you are all going to do amazing things! I'm ready to take this energy and put it to good use! 

Edited by Freedom17

This is well said Freedom17. As a DACAmented individual, this acceptance was literally survival for me. Now that I know where it is going to go, I can focus on a plan B and use this energy to good use. We must transcend these institutions with our actions. 

You are all so lucky to be so positive. I need professional help after this. This program has been my dream for 5 years. I just would love to know where I went wrong to not even receive an interview.