Harvard Ed.L.D 2020

Javi9

Happy Wednesday!  I wonder if any of you are also waiting for a notice from Harvard about whether you'll get a chance to interview for the Fall 2020 Ed.L.D. cohort!  And if anyone has intel about when invitations are likely to come out, I would love to hear it!  Thanks and good luck!

11 hours ago, ImJuju said:

I'm applying to Ed.L.D

Did anyone get randomly followed on twitter by HGSE Admissions? I did and someone on LinkedIn who works at HGSE searched for me. Hoping these are good signs but trying to not get ahead of myself.

Same thing for me. Guess it's part of the vetting process since it looks the same for most of us 

1 hour ago, Javi9 said:

Best luck to you all, were any of you at any of the open houses in 2019?

I didn't get to any of their open houses. Only a webinar and chatted with an alumna.

10 hours ago, seejodee said:

Same thing for me. Guess it's part of the vetting process since it looks the same for most of us 

To be honest, I can't help but think it's a good sign, especially being followed on twitter. It seems like they only follow Alums, or people the recognize doing interesting work in the industry. @Freedom93I read that you're an HGSE alum on the other forum. What do you think about this?

4 minutes ago, ImJuju said:

To be honest, I can't help but think it's a good sign, especially being followed on twitter. It seems like they only follow Alums, or people the recognize doing interesting work in the industry. @Freedom93I read that you're an HGSE alum on the other forum. What do you think about this?

Hmm.. It could be a good thing. I was only followed after I became a Ed.M student many years ago. They also seem to follow cool change-makers in the space. I can't say for 100%, I by no means have that inside intel or anything. I would say because the Ed.L.D. is a small cohort, they might want to stay updated on what you're doing and how you engage. Either way, I believe its a positive thing! :) 

Best of luck everyone. This is exciting and I'm rooting for us all. 

12 hours ago, Javi9 said:

Best luck to you all, were any of you at any of the open houses in 2019?

No open houses, but attended virtual recordings, city meet ups and chatted with alums. 

Using this template from the other thread. 

Program: Ed L.D

GRE score: V below average Q below average AW: 6 ( proud not not too proud)  

TOEFL score: N/A

Work experience: 3 years working in non profit, 1 year as ELL adult education teacher, 2 years working at Community College in Fundraising/Advancement and Development team. 

Undergrad information: Community College AA , State College BA,( both in Rhode Island )  Brown University MA ( did some major work at Brown) 

Undergrad GPA:  Undergrad 3.3 Grad 4.0  

LORs: 2 from professors at Brown, 1 from a professor/director of a leadership fellowship that I was a part of at Trinity University. 

What other schools are you applying to: Harvard or bust. 

Twitter handle- @javijuarez

Hi! I am also waiting on pins and needles to see if I will get an interview for the ED.L.D program. I think I am a bit older than the average applicant, so I am curious how that will affect me. I am also a single mom and wondering how many other parents are in this program?

Program: Ed L.D

GRE score:  V: 83% Q: 34% AW: 57%

TOEFL score: N/A

Work experience: 7 years working as a preschool teacher in urban districts, 5 years working as an early childhood coach in urban districts, 4 years at the State Department of Education in the Office of Special Education Programs, 1 year in business for myself as an early childhood consultant, Adjunct professor for graduate level classes for 3 years

Undergrad information: Montclair State University: philosophy undergrad, Preschool-3rd grade post bac certification, M.Ed. Early Childhood Special Education

Undergrad GPA:  Undergrad 3.37 Cert program: 4.0 Grad 3.94  

LORs: 1 from professor at Montclair State, 1 from a colleague at the state department, 1 from a colleague in a school district

What other schools are you applying to: Harvard is it! 

Twitter handle- 

LinkedIn - Melanie Fleming

•  

Just found this thread! Also stressing nonstop about interview requests coming out later this week. 

My GRE scores were strong (5.5 AW, 165 V, 160 Q) but I only have six years of work experience. GPA in undergrad was 3.9 at a top ten liberal arts school, and I received a 4.0 in my Hopkins Masters. Applying to Harvard and UPenn for full time programs but also American, GW, and Hopkins for part time in the DC area (where I live) as options so that I can continue working!

My focus is trauma-informed pedagogy and how we can better support students who have experienced trauma and have ensuing mental health issues. Very curious what you all are passionate about in the field of education!