Harvard Ed.L.D 2020

Javi9

4 minutes ago, Shaun06 said:

anyone receive word yet? ?

Not yet, but I believe today is the day. Invites went out on Thursdays for the last 4 years. I've decided that if I don't hear back by tomorrow by EOD, I'm moving on!

Ah!!!!!

Reason why I say this is because I now realized, last year, interviews happened on the Feb 21-22 (which is not the case this year) and folks were notified on 3 weeks prior. Seems like the pattern of Thur/Fri notification is correct, but it's not necessarily towards the end/start of the month, but rather 3 weeks prior to interview dates. This year, interviews fall on Feb 27-28, not the week prior like last year. Who knows! :D 

6 minutes ago, Freedom93 said:

Reason why I say this is because I now realized, last year, interviews happened on the Feb 21-22 (which is not the case this year) and folks were notified on 3 weeks prior. Seems like the pattern of Thur/Fri notification is correct, but it's not necessarily towards the end/start of the month, but rather 3 weeks prior to interview dates. This year, interviews fall on Feb 27-28, not the week prior like last year. Who knows! :D 

That's a really good point actually but how do you know the past dates for interviews? 

34 minutes ago, ImJuju said:

That's a really good point actually but how do you know the past dates for interviews? 

You can easily find an archived HGSE webpages from a past date. ? Truth is that we don't know their procedures in place. Could be today, next week, who knows-  but just wanted to share. Best of luck! ?

Edited by Freedom93

6 minutes ago, TobyMoreLand said:

Checking in. We don't know very much about their procedures and they seem very vague when called. The logic of it being next week seems to make sense to me however given the later interview date than recent years. 

Did you call? I think if they didn't give out info, then the invites didn't go out. In past years they've confirmed that they completed invites

Edited by ImJuju

Just now, ImJuju said:

Did you call? I think if they didn't give out info, then the invites didn't go out. In past years they've confirmed that they completed invites

Yes I called and asked if they had any information; they said that applicants chosen would be informed with enough time to arrange travel plans. Definitely seemed like the email has not gone out yet, and it's almost the end of the day. 

1 hour ago, TobyMoreLand said:

The question now becomes whether we are waiting until Thurs/Fri or if it will be sooner. The lack of information is frustrating but judging by the fact that this page has been down intermittently today, there are lots of people in the same boat. 

No word yet...thanks to everyone for keeping each other posted.