UW Seattle MSW Fall 2020

Liza123

35 minutes ago, madisonc7 said:

Wow! What! That's awesome! I'm shocked. I applied then, too!

Was financial aid info involved?

Thank you!!!! I’m so shocked myself, I was really not expecting it at all. It seems way earlier than usual. My admission portal says that it is still processing my acceptance and in 1-2 days I will be able to accept or decline the offer (on the portal rn the boxes are grayed out), there’s no financial aid information right now but I assume that will be sent out soon? Hoping it won’t be too bad as I’m an out of state applicant. 

3 hours ago, Msw2020lala said:

Y’all I applied January 2 and I just got an e-mail acceptance today!!!!! Wow I’m super stoked! Anyway I hope this means more of you got accepted here I was thinking I was going to have to wait until March ?

Congratulations. I got an email as well, but it wasn't good news. ? At least I know now though, right? Wouldn't have wanted to wait until late March to learn they didn't want me anyway.

1 hour ago, Liza123 said:

Congratulations. I got an email as well, but it wasn't good news. ? At least I know now though, right? Wouldn't have wanted to wait until late March to learn they didn't want me anyway.

So sorry to hear that! How disappointing. Take care of yourself this weekend, and be proud, you were accepted to UMich and Denver, two very good schools!

10 hours ago, ara275 said:

So sorry to hear that! How disappointing. Take care of yourself this weekend, and be proud, you were accepted to UMich and Denver, two very good schools!

Thanks friend. I talked to my best friend after posting that (or maybe it was while, I dunno) and that definitely helped. I truly hope you enjoy the program - it really does look like an awesome school! :)

16 minutes ago, Gelibutter said:

Me either!!  LMAO I looked into my spam folder and now am sitting here like.... GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS 

yes! i was sitting here like wait what i thought they were releasing all at once 

3 minutes ago, Gelibutter said:

I'm tempted to call. Why would they release a few? Were those like the forsures and don'ts and the other applications are still being overlooked? 

I guess maybe? Tbh idk if they’re open on weekends. If they are and plan on throwing them out the rest of the weekend then it makes sense. But not end of the day randomly on a friday over a month before announcement day estimations. 

1 minute ago, madisonc7 said:

I guess maybe? Tbh idk if they’re open on weekends. If they are and plan on throwing them out the rest of the weekend then it makes sense. But not end of the day randomly on a friday over a month before announcement day estimations. 

Yeaah, that would make more sense if we can expect all decisions to roll out today or tomorrow. But what if they did just randomly do it that way lmao, they be playing with our emotions. OOOF and I am not here for it. I already sent them an email and hopefully I get a response. If they aint open on the weekend, I'll wait till Monday.

So I got a response by email so it looks like they are open today FYI

Here is what I was told

" We push notifications out as soon as we are able throughout the months of Feb/Mar and promise all decisions by end of March.  We have an extensive review process and the committee makes decisions through mid-May so notifications will go out in waves.

Thank you,

School of Social Work Admissions

University of Washington

phone (206) 543-5676  "

I am just a little confused b/c  A. they are saying they promise all decisions by end of march and B. the next sentence goes on to say decisions are made mid-may so notifications go out in waves? Well what is it then March?? May?? 

49 minutes ago, Gelibutter said:

So I got a response by email so it looks like they are open today FYI

Here is what I was told

" We push notifications out as soon as we are able throughout the months of Feb/Mar and promise all decisions by end of March.  We have an extensive review process and the committee makes decisions through mid-May so notifications will go out in waves.

Thank you,

School of Social Work Admissions

University of Washington

phone (206) 543-5676  "

I am just a little confused b/c  A. they are saying they promise all decisions by end of march and B. the next sentence goes on to say decisions are made mid-may so notifications go out in waves? Well what is it then March?? May?? 

Maybe it takes until May because of people that decline admission and go elsewhere so then they reevaluate others?

On 2/16/2020 at 4:13 PM, cmongradschool said:

Hi! 

I recently received an email with my acceptance to UW. Those of you who have been accepted, how much were you offered in financial aid?

Hi! Congrats! I received an email with acceptance to UW as well; however, no other information was provided. I've been checking the application portal to see if there are any updates but nothing so far. Hopefully there will be an update by the end of the week. 

1 minute ago, Gelibutter said:

Still haven't heard anything either, they did respond saying the May thing was a typo and that they make decisions up to Mid-March to get all decision out by the end of the March 

lmaooo thank god. But that's still too late for me with other deadlines, sadly. 

Ugh. I am so nervous. Also applied to UW on the 2nd and have not heard anything. Been accepted to Columbia, NYU, and Denver but really would love UW as an option as I am on the West Coast. Crossing fingers they get back to me soooooon. Did anyone see an update in their portal before getting an e-mail notification?

21 hours ago, ayshaface said:

Also applied on the 2nd to the 2-year program and have yet to hear back. Hopefully more people start hearing soon. :(

We got this! I hope we both hear back soon, but appreciate not feeling alone in the wait.