Calling all French PHD 2020 Applicants ...

MonsieurHonoré

2 hours ago, caeiro said:

just checking in to confirm that no one has heard anything from Harvard RLL as of now. If grad café results are anything to go off, in the past, the department has seemed to stagger acceptance and rejection notifications. I was unclear if all decisions would be released in early March, or all remaining decisions (i.e., rejections/waitlist). Does anyone have a sense of how many students the program takes each year?

oh hey! sorry for not mentioning this sooner, but I emailed the dept administrator for Harvard RLL last week and she said that all acceptances would go out this Tuesday, March 3rd. apparently there are a lot of administrative things that need to be handled before the acceptances are communicated. hope that's helpful :) and no, not sure how many people the dept takes

2 hours ago, FrenchJourn said:

Hi Charlène, IFS/ French = French studies / French ? ! 

We have heard nothing so far ! As @Volodine1 said, it might not be until March ,so don't worry ?

Ah, sorry... I didn't realize that IFS is the abbreviation...??? Thank your for telling me the info, FrenchJourn! I sent an email to the Department last week, yet they didn't reply. Hope the results will come out soon. ?

5 hours ago, Ming Charlène said:

Ah, sorry... I didn't realize that IFS is the abbreviation...??? Thank your for telling me the info, FrenchJourn! I sent an email to the Department last week, yet they didn't reply. Hope the results will come out soon. ?

Same here. I emailed the DGS and didn’t hear back. Also wound up emailing the coordinator. So hard waiting for this one after everyone else is pretty much done! 

38 minutes ago, Robert_Kerans said:

Guess it's not for today. I checked in with them and they told me they "expect to announce decisions within the next few days."

GSAS will likely send results on Thursday or Friday according to a DGS NOT in the French department.

Hello, new question! Have any other people’s accepted schools cancelled their visit days due to coronavirus?? How are you all dealing with that? I know Berkeley and Harvard have cancelled so far, and would expect others to do the same if they haven’t already. It’s completely understandable (and wise) from a public health standpoint, just going to make my decision so much harder! Agghhh 

Edited by krysinska

17 hours ago, Ming Charlène said:

Hey guys, did anyone hear from NYU for IFS this week? I just checked out the "results search" page. Someone posted that he/she had received a rejection letter on 11 Mar. I still have nothing in my portal page. Anxious...?

I have not heard anything yet...

• 2 weeks later...