Clinical Psych Programs **STRESSED** HELP!!

Dr.MOM

OK so I applied to the following programs:

1) Drexel

2) Temple

3) Fordham

4) Teachers College

5) City College

6)Rutgers

7) LIU Brooklyn

8 Rowan

9) FDU

10) William Paterson (PSYD)

I have a 3.979 GPA undergrad, 4.0 in psych. 4.0 GPA MS degree in psychology and have research experience at undergrad and graduate level with publications as wells and textbook authorship. 

My GRE was 162(V), 157(Q) and 4.5(W). 

I've beefed up my application from last times that I tried to apply (where I was told get more research experience - and I did). 

So far - no dice. For people who got interviews in any of these programs - what did your stats look like? Feeling at a loss :(

Edited by Dr.MOM
typo

I don’t attend those programs, but the remaining element I’m wondering about is your choice of mentors at these programs. Some professors are going to be more competitive than others to apply working under in their lab. Also, a lot of the time, professors tend to lean towards choosing mentees of their friends from outside institutions. 

Edited by JoePianist

It looks like you chose schools within a pretty narrow geographic range. How was your research fit and fit with the programs? Faculty can tell when people are truly interested in their research vs. applying because they like the location. 

3 hours ago, Dr.MOM said:

So far - no dice. For people who got interviews in any of these programs - what did your stats look like? Feeling at a loss :(

I got an interview at Temple (assumed rejection from Fordham though, sadly) and I think it came down to fit with the PI; my undergrad and postbacc experience matched up well with the PI's research interests. I also emphasized statistics/data science in my applications: minored in stats in undergrad, worked a lot with data as postbacc, in my SOPs I mentioned specific techniques that PIs used (dyadic data analysis, Bayesian stuff, behaviorally-coded data, etc.); I think this helped PIs overlook my remarkably average GRE quant score.

As others have said, I wonder what your research interests look like.  Can you expand on that?  Do you feel you had good match with faculty you applied to work with?