Civil&Environmental Engineering Fall 2020 Applicants

McHales

On 1/23/2020 at 5:07 AM, otisiul said:

MS. Today got an invitation for an open house at the University of Washington. They say I'm a "top applicant" but not sure what that means exactly in terms of acceptance.

Hi, are you an international student? I also applied to the University of Washington and haven't heard anything back yet. When I emailed the coordinator he said I'd get a decision by the end of March.

Also, has anyone heard back from Northwestern or Stanford?

12 hours ago, richmond said:

Hi, are you an international student? I also applied to the University of Washington and haven't heard anything back yet. When I emailed the coordinator he said I'd get a decision by the end of March.

Also, has anyone heard back from Northwestern or Stanford?

No, domestic. Also, I was actually notified of acceptance to Northwestern a couple of days ago. 

But didn't apply to Stanford so wouldn't know much on that.

Sorry if this has been posted prior, but my guess is the earliest we will here from Stanford (Structural MS) would be at the end of this week (2/14)? Just to jinx it, I booked travel for visit day (3/6).

Has anyone taken the time to determine the typical decision dates (the more the merrier)? If so, please feel free to share.

Good luck to all.

Stanford | Cal | UCLA

Applied (3) | Accepted (0) | Interview (0) | Waitlisted (0) | Rejected (0)

Accepted by Stanford today - first choice, stoked. 154/158, 3.87

Stanford | Cal | UCLA

Applied (3) | Accepted (1) | Interview (0) | Waitlisted (0) | Rejected (0)

5 hours ago, Alf_RoGz said:

I applied for PhD to Stanford, UT Austin, UCB and UCSD. I was accepted by UT Austin and I'm waiting for the decisions of the other three. Has anyone heard from Stanford or Berkeley  (PhD)? 

Stanford has sent out a couple of acceptances already. Still waiting for mine though. 

7 hours ago, Alf_RoGz said:

I applied for PhD to Stanford, UT Austin, UCB and UCSD. I was accepted by UT Austin and I'm waiting for the decisions of the other three. Has anyone heard from Stanford or Berkeley  (PhD)? 

Yes, got an e-mail yesterday from Stanford (to check application status). Got in for the MS - sweet!  Sorry, no news on PhD.

Any financial aid will be communicated near the end of March. Not sure if accepting will reduce any chance of funding (not expecting any, but hey). Cal & UCLA to go. When I visited Cal the advisor lamented that the students that were accepted by Stanford, typically passed on Cal.

Edited by hcvdg
Noticed request was for PhD news, oh well.

11 hours ago, Alf_RoGz said:

Hello, Have you ever found an advisor or funding opportunity? I was also admitted by UT-Austin (Structural), but there is no news about funding.

1 hour ago, hxdtj2014 said:

Hello, Have you ever found an advisor or funding opportunity? I was also admitted by UT-Austin (Structural), but there is no news about funding.

Nothing in the admission letter but I received an email about the Open House in which they say the Fellowships and Scholarships will be offered later in March...

faq.JPG

Hi! I just found this post! I've applied for an MS with a concentration in structural. 

Applied: Stanford, Berkeley, Cornell, Georgia Tech, Columbia, NCSU, UIUC, UW, UCSD, University of Buffalo, and CMU

So far, I've been accepted to NCSU, UCSD, University of Buffalo, and CMU. I also received an interview from Columbia. I haven't been rejected yet and I'm hoping for that, but it will most likely happen soon. 

2 hours ago, Alf_RoGz said:

Nothing in the admission letter but I received an email about the Open House in which they say the Fellowships and Scholarships will be offered later in March...

faq.JPG

Thank you! I also received the same email. By the way, do you have any other results for Phd program?  By now, I only have two admission results. Another one is from ISU. Funding is always short for structural Phd program. Anyway, good luck.

14 hours ago, plsgivemeanoffer said:

I applied to the EnvEng program at Stanford. Has anyone heard back? I'm a bit worried as my application was marked as incomplete due to them not receiving my official transcripts. 

I was accepted to a different department at Stanford (ESS), and my application has always said incomplete for the same reason. It also says, however, that it is a manual feature that will not be updated this year. Your department may be different, but you probably shouldn't worry. 

On 1/23/2020 at 6:33 PM, yinxisang said:

Hi there, master student @ Stanford CEE, currently applying to PhD at Princeton, PennState, WUSTL, Yale and CMU. Got interviewed from Princeton last week, from PennState this week. Also got a phd invitation from my advisor at Stanford. Happy to answer any MS application questions or questions about transferring to PhD track from MS track at Stanford CEE.

Hi, I've recently applied to Princeton's CEE graduate school. I was sent this email by the POI. Not sure what this could mean. 

"
The department meeting was yesterday and the department has accepted my recommendation that you be offered admission to our graduate program.  Congratulations!!  ...but it is only the first step.

The Director of Graduate Studies (Prof.*******) will meet with the Graduate School in about 2 weeks and they will have the final say.  J********g will be there too and  is confident it will work and we could not hope for a stronger advocate.  I too hope it will work but we just have to wait now and everything has been done that can be done. 

I will let you know as soon as I hear from them 

3 minutes ago, LinaCollege said:

Hi, I've recently applied to Princeton's CEE graduate school. I was sent this email by the POI. Not sure what this could mean. 

"
The department meeting was yesterday and the department has accepted my recommendation that you be offered admission to our graduate program.  Congratulations!!  ...but it is only the first step.

The Director of Graduate Studies (Prof.*******) will meet with the Graduate School in about 2 weeks and they will have the final say.  J********g will be there too and  is confident it will work and we could not hope for a stronger advocate.  I too hope it will work but we just have to wait now and everything has been done that can be done. 

I will let you know as soon as I hear from them 

Hi! From what I know, Princeton is a school with a strong committee. The committee of the department determines who to recommend admission but the graduate school has the final say. Usually the hardest part is at the committee step and since you have already been recommended by the committee, there should be no problem. Congrats! I also received a similar email days ago. BTW the grad school said that the result of our program will be sent out after 20th this month. Let's hope for the best!

3 hours ago, yinxisang said:

Hi! From what I know, Princeton is a school with a strong committee. The committee of the department determines who to recommend admission but the graduate school has the final say. Usually the hardest part is at the committee step and since you have already been recommended by the committee, there should be no problem. Congrats! I also received a similar email days ago. BTW the grad school said that the result of our program will be sent out after 20th this month. Let's hope for the best!

What school ideally would you want acceptance too ?

6 minutes ago, LinaCollege said:

Definitely Princeton as well. I'm applying to Civil and Environmental Engineering. And I heard that we have to dorm on campus for our first year. Mandatory ! Did you hear that. If we make it in we can keep in contact some of our classes will be the same.  

Sorry for not clear enough. I meant to ask are you applying to Mechanics, Materials and Structures field in CEE (the other field is Environmental Engineering and Water Resources, to which I am applying to)? I believe mandatory dorm policy are for undergrads only. As a graduate, we should have many choices, on campus and off campus.