Civil&Environmental Engineering Fall 2020 Applicants

McHales

I’m pretty sure Princeton’s CEE acceptance is pretty focused on individual POIs as long as you have acceptable stats, per my undergrad advisor. Also FYI you’ll learn on the visit, the grad college is as far as you can get from the e-quad. A lot of engineers I knew lived closer off campus or actually in different parts of jersey (esp. if they had a spouse who worked in nyc)

18 hours ago, McHales said:

I’m pretty sure Princeton’s CEE acceptance is pretty focused on individual POIs as long as you have acceptable stats, per my undergrad advisor. Also FYI you’ll learn on the visit, the grad college is as far as you can get from the e-quad. A lot of engineers I knew lived closer off campus or actually in different parts of jersey (esp. if they had a spouse who worked in nyc)

Thanks for sharing this! 

On 2/15/2020 at 3:33 PM, hxdtj2014 said:

Thank you! I also received the same email. By the way, do you have any other results for Phd program?  By now, I only have two admission results. Another one is from ISU. Funding is always short for structural Phd program. Anyway, good luck.

Hey! I just have one admission from UT and no rejections so far... and yes funding is scarce for us ? 

Good luck for you too!

If you applied to Stanford, Berkley or UCSD and receive some news please let us know

On 2/16/2020 at 6:44 AM, plsgivemeanoffer said:

I applied to the EnvEng program at Stanford. Has anyone heard back? I'm a bit worried as my application was marked as incomplete due to them not receiving my official transcripts. 

I received an email asking for transcripts in January, I paid the expensive certifile service... two of my previous degrees are marked as official and another one is still marked as unofficial. Thus my application is still marked as incomplete too....

For all the posters in this thread I found some statistics about graduate admissions that are based on results posted in Gradcafe. Hope this helps. 

btw does anybody have news from Stanford or Berkeley??

Edited by Civil-ar-1

For those wondering about Berkeley, I was unofficially accepted with funding by my POI in CEE, which is why I put accepted in my signature below (sorry if that is confusing). I recently withdrew my application from Berkeley because I accepted an offer at Stanford in ESS (not CEE, which probably also makes my signature confusing). 

Edited by Hydrobiogeochemist

Has anyone been accepted to or heard back anything from USC's Environmental Engineering PhD program? I did hear back from Ohio State a week ago (got in, yay!). I am thinking it's already late and maybe I haven't got in? 

On 2/21/2020 at 3:41 PM, plsgivemeanoffer said:

Stanford's visit day is the 6th of March apparently. Does this mean that they've already sent out all their acceptances?

Seems like they are sending admission letters to Masters (CEE) on Fridays and I saw that only one person posted an admission to the PhD program. Did you apply for Masters or PhD? and which track? 

On 2/26/2020 at 4:04 AM, Civil-ar-1 said:

Seems like they are sending admission letters to Masters (CEE) on Fridays and I saw that only one person posted an admission to the PhD program. Did you apply for Masters or PhD? and which track? 

I applied for Master's in EnvEng. I received my offer letter today ahah. 

Edited by plsgivemeanoffer

On 2/25/2020 at 8:43 PM, hellastressed said:

Has anyone been accepted to or heard back anything from USC's Environmental Engineering PhD program? I did hear back from Ohio State a week ago (got in, yay!). I am thinking it's already late and maybe I haven't got in? 

I heard back. Though I haven't officially gotten in yet, I have been in touch with a professor. Hopefully, I'll get in soon as they have an open house in two days (Mar 6). 

Stanford visit day cancelled (I’m through airport security). Heading to the Farm anyway. This blows!

Anyone else going? Got recommendations for a freelance visit? I will probably look to visit with the advisor.

Edited by hcvdg

5 hours ago, hcvdg said:

Stanford visit day cancelled (I’m through airport security). Heading to the Farm anyway. This blows!

Anyone else going? Got recommendations for a freelance visit? I will probably look to visit with the advisor.

I was planning to attend the Visit Day as well, but cancelled my flight when I saw the email. But if you are already there, have a good time, hope other students are there as well. 

Also would you know if there is a Facebook group or something for accepted students? I was looking forward to meet everyone in person but if not, hoping there is some other way for all of us to communicate. 

On 1/25/2020 at 8:36 PM, hcvdg said:

yinxisang, or others in the know: I gather the Stanford CEE open house will be 3/6, will most acceptances be communicated prior to the open house?

It is cancelled. sadly.

On 3/4/2020 at 7:23 PM, bn8144 said:

I was planning to attend the Visit Day as well, but cancelled my flight when I saw the email. But if you are already there, have a good time, hope other students are there as well. 

Also would you know if there is a Facebook group or something for accepted students? I was looking forward to meet everyone in person but if not, hoping there is some other way for all of us to communicate. 

Same, I didn't go either. My email is chizhang25@yahoo.com, if you wanna talk. 

On 2/16/2020 at 12:11 AM, Civil-ar-1 said:

Nothing in the admission letter but I received an email about the Open House in which they say the Fellowships and Scholarships will be offered later in March...

faq.JPG

Hi, I have also received the same admission letter for Structural Engineering PhD program in UT Austin. Have you received any GRA or TA offers from the faculty?