Fall 2020 CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES -Graduate applicantions results

Naz-prl

@Marcin I applied to Ryerson and york. 
yeaaa.. hopefully soon! I just asked York and they replied after Feb 15th, it takes 2-8 weeks for them to send the results.

I'm not really sure about that. But I heard from my friends with TAing and RAin full time and If you get scholarships that might be ok to live with.

I applied to McMaster, York and Laurier for health policy. No updates yet. A friend of mine got an interview for the same program as me in Laurier, but she's applying for a masters. Should I be worried? 

I applied to UBC and no results yet. I’m impatient to find out because I got accepted to two schools (rejected from one) and am waiting on two more. One of my acceptances was for University of Glasgow and they want a decision before I expect to hear back from the rest of my schools ??‍♀️ 

On 2/7/2020 at 2:51 PM, l8duong said:

I applied to McMaster, York and Laurier for health policy. No updates yet. A friend of mine got an interview for the same program as me in Laurier, but she's applying for a masters. Should I be worried? 

take this with a grain of salt but Im pretty sure PhD and masters normally dont have the same deadline, also Laurier adcoms work on rolling basis so if she applied earlier it is natural that she gets a callback before you .

21 hours ago, fauna876 said:

I applied to UBC and no results yet. I’m impatient to find out because I got accepted to two schools (rejected from one) and am waiting on two more. One of my acceptances was for University of Glasgow and they want a decision before I expect to hear back from the rest of my schools ??‍♀️ 

I think on their website they said you are encouraged to let the adcom knows if you need an earlier notice, maybe try writing them?

On 2/8/2020 at 9:53 AM, lajjagupta said:

I applied in UoT, UBC and Simon. I saw somebody has already get a letter from UoT. I am worried now. 

I don't know what program you have applied to at UoT, but for CS, UoT does it on a rolling basis. So one student receiving a letter doesn't necessarily mean good or bad. In fact, UoT has two proper admission cycles -- those who receive an early admit have to take a decision by some date in March, and then many people receive admits after that as well, with a later deadline for acceptance. 

On 2/9/2020 at 11:16 PM, GeorgiaTechPhd said:

I don't know what program you have applied to at UoT, but for CS, UoT does it on a rolling basis. So one student receiving a letter doesn't necessarily mean good or bad. In fact, UoT has two proper admission cycles -- those who receive an early admit have to take a decision by some date in March, and then many people receive admits after that as well, with a later deadline for acceptance. 

I have applied MScAC program in Data Science. I think the better I hear anything from them the better I have chances. Anyway, It's clear I am not their first choice. 

On 2/9/2020 at 12:21 PM, HLB said:

take this with a grain of salt but Im pretty sure PhD and masters normally dont have the same deadline, also Laurier adcoms work on rolling basis so if she applied earlier it is natural that she gets a callback before you .

Thanks a bunch, I'll try and stay hopeful, but the balance between being too hopeful and getting too down on yourself is SO HARD. 

13 hours ago, l8duong said:

Thanks a bunch, I'll try and stay hopeful, but the balance between being too hopeful and getting too down on yourself is SO HARD. 

that' natural, but let's cross that bridge when we get there, no point worry about it just yet

Edited by HLB

I applied to Carleton's MA in International Affairs (NPSIA). Little news so far... I got through the preliminary review by the department, and now my status is stuck at "recommended for assessment" until my application gets reviewed by the faculty of graduate affairs.

International student here. Applied for UT and UAlberta MA in East Asian Studies and nervously waiting for the result. Contacted PoI from both institutions prior to application. UAlberta POI did write to me and "strongly encouraged" me to apply for the programme and mentioned my provisional project is very interesting. UToronto's prof said he may not be able to supervise me as he will be on sabbatical leave ? :(

Does anyone know when will the result release? Perhaps more feedback by next week? I assume I'll be rejected actually if I haven't heard anything back. Plus I do have a backup plan and get accepted (Chinese in Tübingen, Germany).

Anyway,

Good Luck and stay cheerful together 

Edited by ChristianP