Design/Tech - NYU ITP, Parsons D&T, Berkeley MDes etc.

taketwo

On 2/12/2020 at 9:10 AM, napt11 said:

Applied to the MFA in Design at University of Texas at Austin... anyone else?

ah no I almost did, but I thought their definition of design was too narrow for my interests. Was more interested in their Arts & Entertainment Tech course for which they don't have a graduate degree. 

8 hours ago, taketwo said:

I wasn't able to make the NYU group interview - hope it doesn't count against me!

Yeah, same. I was rejected in the US visa and there was no NYU campus nearby. I know there are many people that got into without the interviews though!

I applied for scenic design program

UCSD: Interviewed two weeks ago and will discuss about my application to the next step tomorrow ( I don't know what that mean)

UT Austin: Interviewed last Friday and they said will decide beginning of the March.

CalArts: interviewed last sunday

NYU, CCM: scheduled for interview

UT Knoxville: no words 

UIUC: ACCEPTED

On 2/13/2020 at 8:06 PM, yona said:

Yeah, same. I was rejected in the US visa and there was no NYU campus nearby. I know there are many people that got into without the interviews though!

That's so reassuring to hear. Have you heard of scholarships/aid also given to people who couldn't make the interview? Funding will be a big factor for me after the decisions come out. 

On 2/14/2020 at 7:24 AM, ciwy13 said:

Applied to NYU, Parsons, Berkeley, SVA, and UW. Attended the NYU group interview. Waiting to hear back as well!

Did u hear back from Berkeley? I haven't heard anything but someone posted receiving acceptance couples days ago

2 hours ago, hgskskoo said:

Did u hear back from Berkeley? I haven't heard anything but someone posted receiving acceptance couples days ago

I haven't heard back from any of the programs yet :( I saw that two people have posted an acceptance and rejection from Berkeley MDes, though. Have been compulsively checking each application portal and still no word

4 hours ago, ciwy13 said:

I haven't heard back from any of the programs yet :( I saw that two people have posted an acceptance and rejection from Berkeley MDes, though. Have been compulsively checking each application portal and still no word

Aw I see ? Heard Berkeley tends to notify the rejects later so hopefully we hear back soon too ??

I've applied to NYU ITP (attended group Interview), Parsons DT and SVA IxD.

Haven't heard back yet - assuming at least SVA interviews should have gone out by now?

For those of you who didn't have the chance to attend the NYU group interview I wouldn't worry about it - I am sure you are evaluated equally as those of us who did both on admission and scholarships. Keep in mind that they don't have capacity to fit everyone who applies into the group interviews, we were informed that there was a waitlist for the one I attended.

3 hours ago, voxpop said:

I've applied to NYU ITP (attended group Interview), Parsons DT and SVA IxD.

Haven't heard back yet - assuming at least SVA interviews should have gone out by now?

For those of you who didn't have the chance to attend the NYU group interview I wouldn't worry about it - I am sure you are evaluated equally as those of us who did both on admission and scholarships. Keep in mind that they don't have capacity to fit everyone who applies into the group interviews, we were informed that there was a waitlist for the one I attended.

I haven’t heard anything from SVA IxD yet either. Hopefully soon?

I got an email today about Parsons Interviews. They’re taking place this week. 

Hey guys! I am applying for HCI related courses for Fall 2020. I attended interviews for Indiana Bloomington. CMU, and NYU this month. Looking to hear back from Cornell, UMD, UW, UofToronto, UC Boulder, and GaTech. 

Saw that Georgia Tech started sending out admits for Master's in HCI already! Didnt hear back from them myself. Really anxious about it since it is a dream school of mine :(

Edited by the-panda-ninja

13 hours ago, ixdmfaplease said:

I haven’t heard anything from SVA IxD yet either. Hopefully soon?

I got an email today about Parsons Interviews. They’re taking place this week. 

Congrats on the interview! I'd love to hear how it is / goes.

I'll make sure to post if I hear anything from SVA.