Application Updates?

I applied to 6 schools so far along the east coast! I heard back from U of SC and have an interview with U of Toledo! Still waiting to hear back from U of Cincinnati, Baldwin Wallace, and Edinboro University. Finishing my last two applications this week for Loyola and New York Medical College! 

1 hour ago, Gracie_whatevs said:

I applied to CSU Long Beach but I don't have high hopes after learning their admission rate is like 8%. I haven't even bothered mailing in the super complicated residency form they asked for from me. I also applied to CSU East Bay, but it's not a top choice. 

Are you a CA resident? I don't believe that I had to fill that out but I'm born and raised in CA so now I'm wondering if I should reach out to them haha. I was going to apply to East Bay but didn't like the area too much!

1 minute ago, MadisonMachelle said:

Are you a CA resident? I don't believe that I had to fill that out but I'm born and raised in CA so now I'm wondering if I should reach out to them haha. I was going to apply to East Bay but didn't like the area too much!

Yes!! But the form is ridiculous. It wants to know your CA driver's license number, the day you last voted in California, your last 3 California addresses, and on and on and on. I've lived in CA my whole life but was struggling with filling it out! 

On 2/11/2020 at 1:28 PM, honey57 said:

Hey guys! Any tips on what colleges I can retake  some speech language pathology courses online? 

I’ve taken all my courses at longwood university. I honestly like the professors and the courses. They are really helpful. I struggle with online classes because I’m more of a face to face learner but all my professors have no problem emailing me back or even talking on the phone.

On 2/11/2020 at 4:36 PM, futurespeechie2 said:

Ok good that makes me feel better!! Yes if you could keep me updated that would be great :) and glad to hear its a good program. Good luck to you too!! 

I was just accepted to UNT today, so I can safely say they are rolling out decisions!!

31 minutes ago, Caitzilla said:

I was just accepted to UNT today, so I can safely say they are rolling out decisions!!

I got waitlisted, I'm still happy to be considered but obviously disappointed ? do you know long until they start sending out offers to people who are waitlisted?? 

26 minutes ago, futurespeechie2 said:

I got waitlisted, I'm still happy to be considered but obviously disappointed ? do you know long until they start sending out offers to people who are waitlisted?? 

Ughhh, I am sorry! But, don't lose hope!!! When people decline the offers, UNT will start offering admission to people on the waitlist. Since today is the first day of decisions, you should be at the top of the list! So that is good news. I can't promise anything yet, but there's a high possibility I will be declining UNT's offer and it's not because the program isn't good because it is! UT Health San Antonio just meets my needs more at this moment.

I hope this helps! And good luck :)

Just now, Caitzilla said:

Ughhh, I am sorry! But, don't lose hope!!! When people decline the offers, UNT will start offering admission to people on the waitlist. Since today is the first day of decisions, you should be at the top of the list! So that is good news. I can't promise anything yet, but there's a high possibility I will be declining UNT's offer and it's not because the program isn't good because it is! UT Health San Antonio just meets my needs more at this moment.

That actually makes me feel a lot better, thank you so so much!!! Guess I will just have to wait for now :) Congrats on your acceptance to UTHSA!

On 2/18/2020 at 7:16 PM, Caitzilla said:

@Caitzilla I was also accepted by UNT and UT Health Science Center. Why do you like UT better? I know it is medical based, but I am worried since it is a new program.

On 2/20/2020 at 7:49 PM, Slpabbie25 said:

@Caitzilla I was also accepted by UNT and UT Health Science Center. Why do you like UT better? I know it is medical based, but I am worried since it is a new program.

That's a great question! For me, a big part is that they're medically-based. Additionally, if you take a look at the university on the map, they're sitting in the middle of at least 5 hospitals. The job security alone! I know that I want to work in either hospitals or rehab facilities and the area is very ripe for that. 

You mention that the program is new and that's true! But this should help everyone feel a bit more easy about it: the clinical director of the program at UTHSCSA was the clinical director at UNT. So even though it's new, it has great leadership behind it! 

2 hours ago, Caitzilla said:

That's a great question! For me, a big part is that they're medically-based. Additionally, if you take a look at the university on the map, they're sitting in the middle of at least 5 hospitals. The job security alone! I know that I want to work in either hospitals or rehab facilities and the area is very ripe for that. 

You mention that the program is new and that's true! But this should help everyone feel a bit more easy about it: the clinical director of the program at UTHSCSA was the clinical director at UNT. So even though it's new, it has great leadership behind it! 

Are you going to one of the open houses? Also, since they do not have a clinic like UNT does, during the first year of grad school do they allow them to do hours in the hospitals? I don’t know how much you know, but I do not know a lot. I am interested also because I want to work in the hospital setting. 

21 hours ago, Slpabbie25 said:

Are you going to one of the open houses? Also, since they do not have a clinic like UNT does, during the first year of grad school do they allow them to do hours in the hospitals? I don’t know how much you know, but I do not know a lot. I am interested also because I want to work in the hospital setting. 

Yes! I will be there on February 28th and I am compiling a list of questions for them. Are you going to the open house? If not, I can report back here and let y'all know!

I definitely am inclined to believe that we would get to do our clinic hours in a hospital setting, but I will ask.

1 hour ago, Caitzilla said:

Yes! I will be there on February 28th and I am compiling a list of questions for them. Are you going to the open house? If not, I can report back here and let y'all know!

I definitely am inclined to believe that we would get to do our clinic hours in a hospital setting, but I will ask.

Yes, I will be there. I met a girl who is in her last semester there and had great things to say. 

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, a_nalani said:

Hi, has anyone created a facebook page for this university? I recently found out I was accepted. 

Which university are you referring to?