Application Updates?

Hi! I haven't heard back from anywhere yet, not expecting to hear anything until the very end of February or the beginning of March. Waiting is driving me a little bit insane, but at least February is a short month. I hope everyone who's getting decisions already is getting acceptances!

I applied to six schools and I'm still waiting to hear back from each! It's getting closer and I am growing ever more anxious, but also excited of course.

Edited by Caitzilla

I applied to 16 schools and I have only heard back from 3. I am hoping that in the next few weeks they will start sending updates. It's so stressful waiting! Does anybody know if there is a "deadline" for acceptances/rejections? Like is there kind of a date where most schools send out updates by?

15 hours ago, Caitzilla said:

I applied to six schools and I'm still waiting to hear back from each! It's getting closer and I am growing ever more anxious, but also excited of course.

I applied to UT-Austin and UTHSCSA as well! Good luck!

40 minutes ago, amanda_rensch said:

I applied to 16 schools and I have only heard back from 3. I am hoping that in the next few weeks they will start sending updates. It's so stressful waiting! Does anybody know if there is a "deadline" for acceptances/rejections? Like is there kind of a date where most schools send out updates by?

From what I understand, it can depend on their application deadline? For example, schools that had a December deadline, you can expect to hear something around February. UT Health San Antonio had a deadline of February 1st (relatively late compared to some of the others), so maybe March? 

I saw a blog post where someone said most acceptances take place January/February and rejections are sent in March but I don't think that's 100% true (if you consider the deadlines).

Hope that helps and good luck to you too!

55 minutes ago, amanda_rensch said:

I applied to two of the same schools as well! Most schools I applied to said they send out offers from beginning to mid-March, but waiting is so stressful! Have you gone on any interviews?

I applied to 6 schools (some for Aud and the rest of SLP) and got interviews at 2 so far! Waiting has been so stressful, hopefully we will hear back soon ?

@Caitzilla I also applied to UNT for SLP! Do you know when we will be hearing back from them?

2 minutes ago, futurespeechie2 said:

I applied to 6 schools (some for Aud and the rest of SLP) and got interviews at 2 so far! Waiting has been so stressful, hopefully we will hear back soon ?

@Caitzilla I also applied to UNT for SLP! Do you know when we will be hearing back from them?

So far, I haven't heard of anyone getting a response from UNT yet (both online or on campus) but it should be very soon! I am completing my undergrad here and I can advocate for the program here. Most of the professors are clinicians themselves so if you choose to come here, you'll have excellent supervision. Good luck! I can let you know if I hear anything.

I am doing a WebEx interview this Friday (2/14) for Sacred Heart University and next week, I leave on Friday (2/21) to fly to Boston for an interview that will hopefully take place on Saturday (2/22)!!

5 hours ago, CS_SLP said:

I applied to two of the same schools as well! Most schools I applied to said they send out offers from beginning to mid-March, but waiting is so stressful! Have you gone on any interviews?

I am doing a WebEx interview this Friday (2/14) for Sacred Heart University and next week, I leave on Friday (2/21) to fly to Boston for an interview that will hopefully take place on Saturday (2/22)!!

If anybody applied to University of Arkansas, they just sent me an email that my application will be reviewed in the next few days (don't know what this means for getting official application updates, but maybe it means they'll go out soon?!)

3 hours ago, honey57 said:

Hey guys! Any tips on what colleges I can retake  some speech language pathology courses online? 

I'm doing an online course from ENMU now. I like the course so far. ENMU is nice because tuition rates are the same from in and out of state students.

On 2/10/2020 at 11:41 AM, Caitzilla said:

So far, I haven't heard of anyone getting a response from UNT yet (both online or on campus) but it should be very soon! I am completing my undergrad here and I can advocate for the program here. Most of the professors are clinicians themselves so if you choose to come here, you'll have excellent supervision. Good luck! I can let you know if I hear anything.

Ok good that makes me feel better!! Yes if you could keep me updated that would be great :) and glad to hear its a good program. Good luck to you too!! 

I basically want to die because I no-showed to my UVA interview by accident. I got invited to interview at Northeastern and SF State. Waiting to hear from Cal State LA and James Madison University...has anyone heard from either of those yet?

I also got in to one program early admission, and offered a partial tuition waiver and work hours. It's a super small town though so still waiting to see where else I get in. 

10 hours ago, Gracie_whatevs said:

I basically want to die because I no-showed to my UVA interview by accident. I got invited to interview at Northeastern and SF State. Waiting to hear from Cal State LA and James Madison University...has anyone heard from either of those yet?

I also got in to one program early admission, and offered a partial tuition waiver and work hours. It's a super small town though so still waiting to see where else I get in. 

I also got the interview to SF state and am also waiting to hear from CSU LA. I think LA's interview is end of feb/beginning of march is what the department chair told me. Good luck! Are you applying to any other CA schools?

29 minutes ago, MadisonMachelle said:

I also got the interview to SF state and am also waiting to hear from CSU LA. I think LA's interview is end of feb/beginning of march is what the department chair told me. Good luck! Are you applying to any other CA schools?

I applied to CSU Long Beach but I don't have high hopes after learning their admission rate is like 8%. I haven't even bothered mailing in the super complicated residency form they asked for from me. I also applied to CSU East Bay, but it's not a top choice.