Operations Research? Anyone?

orgirl

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To zkdhtm

How did you know that you are rejected by georgia tech? By email? By postal mail? Or by checking the online status?

Thank you very much and goog luck for you!

I knew that I was rejected for Ph.D. by postal mail. (I am an international applicant)

Then I requested reconsideration for MS by email and got the rejection by email.

Did you apply for Georgia Tech?

Good luck for you, too!

One of my friends got notice from Cornell that he was on the final list. Did anyone get the email too? I guess I will just get a rejection next week.

:o I did not get any notice from Cornell! One more rej.... I predicted that Kate and Sean can win the OSCAR, but how about myself?

Can anyone predict who gonna accept my application? :cry:

:o I did not get any notice from Cornell! One more rej.... I predicted that Kate and Sean can win the OSCAR, but how about myself?

Can anyone predict who gonna accept my application? :cry:

FYI there is no link between the Oscars and your applications....all I can say is that those who are admitted and those who get an Oscar have talent...based on that maybe you can guess what's gonna happen for you.

Gd luk

I am not sure. He is a strong applicant...got an offer from Yale's Econ, and also in the final list of Wharton's Operations Management.........

In previous years, Cornell lost some of its strong applicants to other universities. So they come up with strategy of offering generous fellowship to some students and then wait for their responses; upon that sent other decision in March ( I read it in some Cornell ORIE report)

I guess your friend is probably one of those guys. Does he have any preference between Yale and Cornell?

Anyways, lets just pray that you friend will get an offer from Wharton OM or will like Yale Econ :D

Sorry buddy...my bad...

NO if i were Xanda Yao I would not have chosen Xander as a username I would have chosen Xanda Yao or Xanda !! I know there are many asians in OR departments but don't forget that there are other people too.... sorry if I am just a european....So no i'm not Xianda truc.

Hey Guys, the latest news: MIT/ORC's final decisions (PhD) will be made by the end of this week and sent out starting this week...Exciting...Worrying... This information is provided by the graduate coordinator from ORC...

thx. one more rejection on the way.

Hey Guys, the latest news: MIT/ORC's final decisions (PhD) will be made by the end of this week and sent out starting this week...Exciting...Worrying... This information is provided by the graduate coordinator from ORC...

I applied OR in Sloan School, but many faculty members in that field are also listed on the website of ORC.

I feel so scared~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have yet to hear anything from Columbia (applied MS leading to PhD). So far I've been accepted to Cornell MEng, and the following still pending:

UCB Masters

Stanford ICME Masters

MIT ORC Masters

Columbia MS to PhD

Good luck to all, sounds like we're in for some action in the coming weeks.

I applied to the MS leading to PhD program at Columbia and also received a rejection e-mail. In addition to the usual rejection stuff, the e-mail says "However, we wish to draw your attention to our Master of Science (MS) programs..."

Does that mean I have a decent chance of getting accepted into the MS program or are all rejected candidates encouraged to re-apply for the MS?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!