Blakemore Freeman Fellowship 2020-2021

SmarteyMartey

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, locrian said:

Hey there! I applied for IUP at Tsinghua, still waiting to hear back.

Hey I got accepted and totally bombed my language interview. You should do fine. They accept HSK-1.

On 3/2/2020 at 5:54 PM, locrian said:

Hey there! I applied for IUP at Tsinghua, still waiting to hear back.

Hey!! It's nice to see some other folks in the thread!
All the best to you as you wait to hear back from IUP! I am waiting to hear back from Blakemore as I'd prefer to know before I spent $100 for the ICLP Taiwan application fee. 

I know by early to mid-March we should hear back about interviews/making it to the interview part for Blakemore.

On 3/2/2020 at 5:57 PM, Valorship98 said:

Hey I got accepted and totally bombed my language interview. You should do fine. They accept HSK-1.

Congrats on getting accepted!!

Unfortunately rejected from Blakemore after spending $80 on my application to IUC-Yokohama. I may have felt too hopeful, having already done Boren and CLS, so it was quite disappointing, but life goes on. Gotta try again next year!

On 3/16/2020 at 7:04 PM, Umenohana said:

Unfortunately rejected from Blakemore after spending $80 on my application to IUC-Yokohama. I may have felt too hopeful, having already done Boren and CLS, so it was quite disappointing, but life goes on. Gotta try again next year!

I am sorry to read this. This is my second time applying and was in your shoes the first time. At the time, I had also been a CLS and Boren alum. I'm glad that your attitude is that you'll try again next year! Definitely do that. ? 

On 3/21/2020 at 12:47 AM, locrian said:

I had my interview with the Blakemore committee for Chinese today! I wonder when they'll get back to us.

I had mine on Friday!!! 
i know that before the interview, an email said that we will know by the end of March. That said, someone that did an interview for Japanese on an earlier day got his completed and was notified as a recipient the next day! 

There is a Blakemore slack group. Are you in it? If not send me your email and I will add you! 

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Bill_Joe said:

Anyone have any information to share about this? Perhaps someone who has won it and has finished their award?

I messaged the above user about the slack group, but no response yet.

Did this year's program even occur? Like were winners told they can do it next year/when travel restrictions end?

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...