Has anyone heard anything from CSULB?

I interviewed at CSULB on 3/7, and they said we should hear back in about a week. It’s now been 2 weeks, and I just saw on the results page that someone got an interview this week. Does anyone have any info on when we might hear back on decisions? I’m getting a little confused/concerned.

I'm interviewing with them on 3/25. When I saw people were receiving interviews earlier this month I called the department and they said my application hadn't even been forwarded to them from University admissions yet. So it seems like they're doing two waves of application reviews. 

11 hours ago, faithcarol said:

I'm interviewing with them on 3/25. When I saw people were receiving interviews earlier this month I called the department and they said my application hadn't even been forwarded to them from University admissions yet. So it seems like they're doing two waves of application reviews. 

Hm, strange they said we’d hear back by now then, but congrats on the interview! If they do happen to mention when we’ll be hearing back on decisions in your interview, would you mind posting that here?

I interviewed earlier this month as well but I now have a few friends who are going to be participating in the zoom interview this Wednesday! I'm a bit confused as well because during the interview we were told we would hear back by now! 

13 minutes ago, MadisonMachelle said:

Just got the acceptance right now! I'm so happy omg

Congrats! Me too! So grateful for the acceptance. Now I have to so far decide between SFSU and CSULB. I'll be declining CSUSM's offer. 

35 minutes ago, MadisonMachelle said:

I accepted Long Beach and will deny all other schools. 

Wow that's great! What was your deciding factor, if I may ask? I'm rather torn atm.

1 hour ago, mmata said:

Wow that's great! What was your deciding factor, if I may ask? I'm rather torn atm.

Yeah totally! I have heard from others that they had a bad impression of the program at the open house but I had the opposite. I thought that it was organized as best as possible considering there is so many things that go into organizing an event that big. I really like that they have a bilingualism program and have opportunities for students to work on a specialization or work on independent research. I'm from California so a big factor is the grant that covers 3/4 of tuition- which is HUGE! 

Their clinic is really nice and organized. They have a lot of reach within their community and in California in general. Everyone that I've spoken to speaks highly of the CSULB graduates over the other programs in the area because they have a really well-rounded curriculum. I wouldn't have to take extra pre-req classes as I would at most of the other schools. Long Beach is a really nice area and there's a lot of good neighborhoods within 30 minutes that are decently affordable. The campus is gorgeous. The students all seem happily and relatively less stressed than the other students that I've encountered. The faculty are all really available from what I've heard, too.

On 3/23/2020 at 9:10 PM, swood said:

Hm, strange they said we’d hear back by now then, but congrats on the interview! If they do happen to mention when we’ll be hearing back on decisions in your interview, would you mind posting that here?

This may not be relevant anymore since you guys already received decisions from Long Beach (congratulations!) but in our interview they told us that we'd hear the week of April 13th

1 hour ago, faithcarol said:

This may not be relevant anymore since you guys already received decisions from Long Beach (congratulations!) but in our interview they told us that we'd hear the week of April 13th

The week of April 13th?! Almost all schools require you to accept their offer by April 15th. That seems super late...

3 hours ago, Gracie_whatevs said:

The week of April 13th?! Almost all schools require you to accept their offer by April 15th. That seems super late...

I agree, I was very surprised when they said that considering April 15 is the widely accepted decision deadline. 

16 hours ago, faithcarol said:

I agree, I was very surprised when they said that considering April 15 is the widely accepted decision deadline. 

I feel like it's probably because they already made their decisions so they'll be on the waitlist 

5 hours ago, MadisonMachelle said:

I feel like it's probably because they already made their decisions so they'll be on the waitlist 

That's possible. But when I called 3/5 they said enrollment services hadn't even passed my application to the department, and I'm sure other students were in the same boat. That makes me think that this is a second wave of applications they're considering, but that all options are still available to us (acceptance, waitlist, rejection). Perhaps there were a certain number of slots available for the first round of applications they looked at and a certain number for this round. Just a guess, but regardless proud of those of you who have already been accepted! 

1 hour ago, faithcarol said:

That's possible. But when I called 3/5 they said enrollment services hadn't even passed my application to the department, and I'm sure other students were in the same boat. That makes me think that this is a second wave of applications they're considering, but that all options are still available to us (acceptance, waitlist, rejection). Perhaps there were a certain number of slots available for the first round of applications they looked at and a certain number for this round. Just a guess, but regardless proud of those of you who have already been accepted! 

That's probably exactly what's going on tbh. 

Does anyone happen to know when/how we’ll receive our financial aid offer for Long Beach? Also, I believe the current students said as long as you complete the FAFSA you are automatically considered for the grant which covers most of tuition. Can anyone confirm that? Not sure if I understood them correctly.

On 4/2/2020 at 5:55 PM, swood said:

Does anyone happen to know when/how we’ll receive our financial aid offer for Long Beach? Also, I believe the current students said as long as you complete the FAFSA you are automatically considered for the grant which covers most of tuition. Can anyone confirm that? Not sure if I understood them correctly.

I already got it. I checked FAFSA and noticed that I needed to make a correction early last week and then a couple days later I got an email from CSULB telling me that I was awarded financial aid. I got a Stafford loan and the SUG California resident grant. You just have to accept them through your student portal.

So I interviewed on 3/25 as well and have not heard yet an acceptance, rejection or waitlist! I noticed that someone emailed them and found out they got waitlisted after the email! Do you guys recommend that I email or wait until the date they said we would hear? They told us we would hear by the week of 4/13 :/